• Okay nights by the wide receivers: Star wide receivers Michael Pittman Jr. and Courtland Sutton were among the four wide receivers with over 50 receiving yards, but no one reached the 100-yard mark or scored a touchdown.
PFF's fantasy football recap focuses on player usage and stats, breaking down all the vital information you need to achieve fantasy success in 2022.
• Chase McLaughlin: Two field goal attempts of 50-plus yards, two field goals made of 50-plus yards; one game-tying field goal, one game-winning field goal
• Brandon McManus: three field goal attempts, three field goals made
The Broncos without Javonte Williams: The Broncos' star running back is out for the season. This was their first game attempting to replace him.
- Melvin Gordon III started the game for Denver and dominated snaps in the first quarter.
- He gained only 54 yards on 15 carries over the game, prompting Mike Boone to play more early-down snaps in the second half.
- Boone consistently played on third downs throughout the game.
- Gordon's 44.1 PFF grade was the lowest mark at his position through four weeks, and this game probably won’t help much.
- Devine Ozigbo received some playing time in the second half after not playing on offense in the first half.
- Latavius Murray was signed to the active roster but wasn’t active tonight. That is probably due to the short week and Murray's return from the London game.
- Both Boone and Murray should be on fantasy rosters, as there is a good chance one of those two backs will cut further into Gordon’s playing time this season.
Monitor the Nyheim Hines injury: Hines suffered a concussion on the first drive of the game and didn’t return.
- The Colts were also without Jonathan Taylor, who was ruled out earlier in the week with an ankle injury.
- Hines played each of the team’s first three snaps before his concussion.
- Both Deon Jackson and Phillip Lindsay split offensive snaps for the rest of the game.
- Jackson and Lindsay typically played a few plays at a time each, with the only real trend being that Jackson took the field for clear passing situations.
- Ideally, one if not both of the Colts' typical backs will be available a week from now. Even if they aren’t, it would be tough to trust either Jackson or Lindsay in redraft leagues due to the split, even with a good matchup against the Jaguars.
Monitor the Ashton Dulin injury: Dulin suffered a foot injury near the end of the first half and didn’t return to the game.
- Dulin was a clear fourth on the depth chart in the first half, taking roughly one-third of the snaps in 11 personnel from Alec Pierce.
- He averaged 2.54 yards per route run over the first four games, which ranked eighth best among wide receivers with at least 50 routes.
- Pierce played more consistently in 11 personnel in the second half.
- He’s gained at least 60 receiving yards in each of the last three games and should be considered a waiver-wire target with this consistent play.
- Dulin is a wide receiver to consider in very deep leagues or dynasty leagues thanks to his good play on a small sample size.
Add Greg Dulcich: The third-round rookie is expected to come off the injured reserve for Denver for Week 6 and could potentially be the team’s receiving tight end right away.
- Albert Okwuegbunam started the season as the receiving tight end but only played one offensive snap in Week 3.
- He received more playing time in this game but caught only one 5-yard pass.
- This leaves the tight end room wide open to have a new receiving tight end.
- Dulcich is purely a speculative addition. He could be a rotational tight end all season, or he could become a focal point of the Broncos' offense.
• Snaps include plays called back due to penalties, including offensive holding or defensive pass interference. The other three stats have these plays removed.
• Targets may differ from official NFL sources. The most likely discrepancy would be from a clear thrown-away pass, where the NFL may give the target to the nearest receiver, while this data will not.
• Carries are only on designed plays. Quarterback scrambles won’t count for the total number of carries in the game.