- Anthony Richardson is the clear top sleeper quarterback: While the fantasy community understands the value of rushing quarterbacks, Richardson's ADP from more casual leagues has yet to catch up.
- One unknown quarterback has a lower ADP than the rest: Jordan Love is similar to other young quarterbacks that have little to no NFL experience. He can be picked later than other similar quarterbacks.
- Dominate your fantasy league in 2023: For up-to-date fantasy draft rankings and projections, check out PFF’s fantasy rankings tool!
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Want to dominate your fantasy football league this year?
Check out PFF's fantasy tools below:
Fantasy Draft Kit | Fantasy Mock Draft Simulator |
Live Draft Assistant | League Sync | Draft Rankings | Cheat Sheets
These sleeper quarterbacks are five players that have an ADP outside of 120 on ESPN despite that I ranked them notably higher than their ADP. Some of these players will have an ADP inside of the top 120 at other sources where a higher percentage of users are experts, but a variety of players were picked so at least some players could be considered a sleeper at any site.
For help on sleepers at other positions, draft strategy, rankings or other non-sleepers, check out the rest of my summer content below. For rankings with better filtering along with auction values, check out our draft rankings page.
Player Profiles | Depth Charts | 10 tips to win | Undervalued | Overvalued
Rankings: PPR | Half-PPR | Standard | Superflex | Best Ball
Dynasty Rankings: PPR | Rookie | Superflex | Superflex Rookie
Position Rankings: QB | RB | WR | TE
Sleepers: Top-10 | QB | RB | WR | TE
League Winners: Top-5 | QB | RB | WR | TE
Breakouts: QB | RB | WR | TE
Position Draft Strategy: QB | RB | WR | TE
16-Team Draft Strategy: Overall strategy
14-Team Draft Strategy: Overall strategy
12-Team Draft Strategy: Overall strategy | Picks 1-3 | Picks 4-6 | Picks 7-9 | Picks 10-12
10-Team Draft Strategy: Overall strategy | Picks 1-3 | Picks 4-7 | Picks 8-10
Last updated: 7:15 a.m. Monday, August 28
Anthony Richardson, Indianapolis Colts (ADP: 132.2, From ESPN)
Richardson is the clear rookie quarterback to target thanks to his rushing ability.
- Each of the top-six fantasy quarterbacks last season ran for at least 250 yards.
- Five of the 10 quarterbacks to average 18.4 fantasy points per game or better gained at least 700 rushing yards.
- Richardson was clearly the best runner of the class both from his college tape as well as his NFL combine measurables.
- He will benefit from having Shane Steichen as his head coach.
- He was most recently the offensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles during Jalen Hurts’ breakout seasons.
- Hurts led the Eagles in carries within five yards of the goal line over the past two seasons (33). Four separate Philadelphia running backs combined for 53 carries in those situations.
- Richardson will not only accumulate rushing yards, but he should score several rushing touchdowns.
- Steichen was also the offensive coordinator for Justin Herbert in his rookie season where he finished at QB9.
- There is no guarantee Richardson hits the same heights as past rushing quarterbacks, but his upside is much higher than a number of quarterbacks getting picked ahead of him as well as everyone picked after him.