It’s Wednesday and that means it’s time to breakout the flex fantasy football rankings for Week 5 of the 2019 NFL season. If you’re new to the concept of flex rankings, these are simply the combined overall rankings for running back, wide receiver, and tight end for each week during the fantasy football season. Remember that rankings change throughout the week, so be sure to check our staff rankings for updates.
1. Ezekiel Elliott, DAL vs GB (RB1) — It wasn't the most efficient performance from Elliott last week, but he still managed borderline RB1 numbers.
2. Christian McCaffrey, CAR vs JAC (RB2) — Don't expect 37 touches again, but the Panthers are going to continue to run through McCaffrey
3. Dalvin Cook, MIN @ NYG (RB3) — Cook is coming off a tough matchup against the Bears. He bounces back in a big way this week.
4. Alvin Kamara, NO vs TB (RB4) — The Bucs are good against the run, but Kamara can also get it done as a receiver.
5. Julio Jones, ATL @ HOU (WR1) — Johnathan Joseph is tied for the league lead in catches allowed with 24. So, yeah, Jones is going to eat this week.
6. David Johnson, ARI @ CIN (RB5) — Johnson gets the fantasy cheat code matchup against the Bengals this week.
7. DeAndre Hopkins, HOU vs ATL (WR2) — Don't worry about last week. Hopkins is going to be just fine.
8. Nick Chubb, CLE @ SF (RB6) — Chubb is coming off a rock star performance and keeps it rolling.
9. Keenan Allen, LAC vs DEN (WR3) — In his last two meetings against the Broncos, Allen tallied 13 catches on 19 targets for 153 yards and a score.
10. Chris Carson, SEA vs LAR (RB7) — Carson enters the week ninth among running backs in carries and should see another healthy workload Thursday night.
11. Travis Kelce, KC vs IND (TE1) — A big game is brewing for Kelce.
12. Michael Thomas, NO vs TB (WR4) — Thomas doesn't have as much upside with Teddy Bridgewater under center, but he still managed nine catches for 95 yards last week.
13. Derrick Henry, TEN vs BUF (RB8) — Henry is averaging 19.5 touches per game over his last eight regular season contests.
14. Odell Beckham Jr., CLE @ SF (WR5) — The buy-low window on Beckham is wide open.
15. Cooper Kupp, LAR @ SEA (WR6) — Kupp is the only receiver in the league to post three 100-yard games in September.
16. Marlon Mack, IND @ KC (RB9) — Mack was dinged up last week but should be good to go for this one.
17. Amari Cooper, DAL vs GB (WR7) — This isn't the best matchup for Cooper, but he's an every-week top-10 option.
18. Chris Godwin, TB @ NO (WR8) — Godwin enters the week third among wide receivers in fantasy scoring.
19. Mike Evans, TB @ NO (WR9) — While Godwin has pulled ahead of Evans in rankings, we still like Evans as a top-10 play following last week's offensive explosion from the Bucs.
20. Leonard Fournette, JAC @ CAR (RB10) — Fournette rewarded patient fantasy owners last week and will see another healthy workload in this contest.
21. Tyler Lockett, SEA vs LAR (WR10) — The Rams secondary just got torched by Tampa, so we're upgrading Lockett this week.
22. Mark Ingram, BAL @ PIT (RB11) — The Ravens draw a tough matchup on the road, but Ingram has shown that he can produce in suboptimal situations.
23. Adam Thielen, MIN @ NYG (WR11) — If it doesn't happen for Thielen this week, it isn't going to happen.
24. James Conner, PIT vs BAL (RB12) — Conner tweaked his ankle Monday night, so keep a close eye on his status.
25. Joe Mixon, CIN vs ARI (RB13) — Mixon continues to see a healthy workload and should have some room to run in this matchup.
26. JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT vs BAL (WR12) — Smith-Schuster's arrow is pointing down, but he's still a fringe WR1 play.
27. Sammy Watkins, KC vs IND (WR13) — With Tyreek Hill expected to miss at least one more week, Watkins remains the top wideout option in Kansas City.
28. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI @ CIN (WR14) — The Bengals secondary got exposed Monday night, so look for Fitzgerald to put up a solid fantasy week.
29. Todd Gurley, LAR @ SEA (RB14) — It's tough to trust Gurley as anything more than an RB2 at this point.
30. Le'Veon Bell, NYJ @ PHI (RB15) — This is a brutal matchup for Bell.
31. LeSean McCoy, KC vs IND (RB16)
32. Aaron Jones, GB @ DAL (RB17)
33. Melvin Gordon, LAC vs DEN (RB18)
34. Julian Edelman, NE @ WAS (WR15)
35. Austin Ekeler, LAC vs DEN (RB19) — Even with Melvin Gordon back, we're still comfortable with rolling Ekeler out as an RB2 option.
36. Tyler Boyd, CIN vs ARI (WR16)
37. Josh Gordon, NE @ WAS (WR17)
38. Robert Woods, LAR @ SEA (WR18)
39. David Montgomery, CHI @ OAK (RB20)
40. Brandin Cooks, LAR @ SEA (WR19)
41. Allen Robinson, CHI @ OAK (WR20)
42. Stefon Diggs, MIN @ NYG (WR21) — If it doesn't happen for Diggs this week, it isn't going to happen.
43. Evan Engram, NYG vs MIN (TE2)
44. Wayne Gallman, NYG vs MIN (RB21)
45. Marquise Brown, BAL @ PIT (WR22)
46. Phillip Lindsay, DEN @ LAC (RB22)
47. Zach Ertz, PHI vs NYJ (TE3)
48. Alshon Jeffery, PHI vs NYJ (WR23)
49. Sterling Shepard, NYG vs MIN (WR24)
50. Sony Michel, NE @ WAS (RB23)
51. George Kittle, SF vs CLE (TE4)
52. D.J. Moore, CAR vs JAC (WR25)
53. Calvin Ridley, ATL @ HOU (WR26) — Don't expect double-digit targets for Mohamed Sanu every week, but Ridley's fantasy stock is trending down.
54. Curtis Samuel, CAR vs JAC (WR27)
55. Tyrell Williams, OAK vs CHI (WR28)
56. Emmanuel Sanders, DEN @ LAC (WR29)
57. Demarcus Robinson, KC vs IND (WR30)
58. Will Fuller, HOU vs ATL (WR31)
59. Mark Andrews, BAL @ PIT (TE5)
60. Josh Jacobs, OAK vs CHI (RB24)
61. John Brown, BUF @ TEN (WR32)
62. Devonta Freeman, ATL @ HOU (RB25)
63. Jarvis Landry, CLE @ SF (WR33)
64. D.J. Chark, JAC @ CAR (WR34)
65. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB @ DAL (WR35) — With Davante Adams banged up, Valdes-Scantling could be Aaron Rodgers' No. 1 target this week.
66. Jordan Howard, PHI vs NYJ (RB26)
67. Courtland Sutton, DEN @ LAC (WR36)
68. James White, NE @ WAS (RB27)
69. Darren Waller, OAK vs CHI (TE6)
70. Austin Hooper, ATL @ HOU (TE7)
71. Mecole Hardman, KC vs IND (WR37)
72. D.K. Metcalf, SEA vs LAR (WR38)
73. Terry McLaurin, WAS vs NE (WR39)
74. Darrel Williams, KC vs IND (RB28)
75. Carlos Hyde, HOU vs ATL (RB29)
76. Miles Sanders, PHI vs NYJ (RB30)
77. Geronimo Allison, GB @ DAL (WR40)
78. Ronald Jones II, TB @ NO (RB31) — Jones was a priority add this week, but it's still too early to trust him as anything more than a flex play.
79. Royce Freeman, DEN @ LAC (RB32)
80. Matt Breida, SF vs CLE (RB33)
81. Phillip Dorsett, NE @ WAS (WR41)
82. T.Y. Hilton, IND @ KC (WR42)
83. Mike Williams, LAC vs DEN (WR43)
84. Cole Beasley, BUF @ TEN (WR44)
85. Diontae Johnson, PIT vs BAL (WR45)
86. Greg Olsen, CAR vs JAC (TE8)
87. Robby Anderson, NYJ @ PHI (WR46)
88. Golden Tate, NYG vs MIN (WR47)
89. A.J. Brown, TEN vs BUF (WR48) — The rookie flashed big-play upside last week, but Brown doesn't see enough volume to be trusted right now.
90. Frank Gore, BUF @ TEN (RB34)
91. Chris Thompson, WAS vs NE (RB35)
92. Tarik Cohen, CHI @ OAK (RB36)
93. Jaylen Samuels, PIT vs BAL (RB37)
94. Corey Davis, TEN vs BUF (WR49)
95. Duke Johnson, HOU vs ATL (RB38)
96. Mohamed Sanu, ATL @ HOU (WR50)
97. Will Dissly, SEA vs LAR (TE9)
98. Dede Westbrook, JAC @ CAR (WR51)
99. Nelson Agholor, PHI vs NYJ (WR52)
100. Parris Campbell, IND @ KC (WR53)
101. Rex Burkhead, NE @ WAS (RB39)
102. Deebo Samuel, SF vs CLE (WR54)
103. Randall Cobb, DAL vs GB (WR55) — #RevengeGame
104. Jamison Crowder, NYJ @ PHI (WR56)
105. Willie Snead, BAL @ PIT (WR57)
106. Delanie Walker, TEN vs BUF (TE10)
107. Christian Kirk, ARI @ CIN (WR58)
108. Adrian Peterson, WAS vs NE (RB40)
109. Paul Richardson, WAS vs NE (WR59)
110. James Washington, PIT vs BAL (WR60)
111. Eric Ebron, IND @ KC (TE11)
112. Tyler Eifert, CIN vs ARI (TE12) — If you're looking for a tight end to stream, Eifert is your guy. This is a fantastic matchup against the Cards.
113. Peyton Barber, TB @ NO (RB41)
114. Ted Ginn, NO vs TB (WR61)
115. Keke Coutee, HOU vs ATL (WR62)
116. Giovani Bernard, CIN vs ARI (RB42)
117. Trey Quinn, WAS vs NE (WR63)
118. O.J. Howard, TB @ NO (TE13)
119. Chris Conley, JAC @ CAR (WR64)
120. Jimmy Graham, GB @ DAL (TE14)
121. Adam Humphries, TEN vs BUF (WR65)
122. Rashaad Penny, SEA vs LAR (RB43)
123. Auden Tate, CIN vs ARI (WR66)
124. Malcolm Brown, LAR @ SEA (RB44)
125. Devin Smith, DAL vs GB (WR67)
126. Jason Witten, DAL vs GB (TE15)
127. Ito Smith, ATL @ HOU (RB45)
128. Tevin Coleman, SF vs CLE (RB46)
129. Jack Doyle, IND @ KC (TE16)
130. Noah Fant, DEN @ LAC (TE17)
131. Nyheim Hines, IND @ KC (RB47)
132. Marquise Goodwin, SF vs CLE (WR68)
133. Latavius Murray, NO vs TB (RB48)
134. Zach Pascal, IND @ KC (WR69)
135. KeeSean Johnson, ARI @ CIN (WR70)
136. Anthony Miller, CHI @ OAK (WR71)
137. Dante Pettis, SF vs CLE (WR72)
138. Vernon Davis, WAS vs NE (TE18)
139. DaeSean Hamilton, DEN @ LAC (WR73)
140. Dawson Knox, BUF @ TEN (TE19)
141. Gus Edwards, BAL @ PIT (RB49)
142. Taylor Gabriel, CHI @ OAK (WR74)
143. Dion Lewis, TEN vs BUF (RB50)
144. Miles Boykin, BAL @ PIT (WR75)
145. Dontrelle Inman, LAC vs DEN (WR76)
146. Hunter Renfrow, OAK vs CHI (WR77)
147. Alexander Mattison, MIN @ NYG (RB51)
148. Trent Sherfield, ARI @ CIN (WR78)
149. Mack Hollins, PHI vs NYJ (WR79)
150. Davante Adams, GB @ DAL (WR80)