• Bet Rams moneyline: Clear spot to fade noise and side with the better team in this matchup, the Rams.
• New users who bet $10 or more at BetMGM will receive a free year’s subscription to PFF+ — a $79.99 value.
Estimated reading time: 2 mins
Here are the PFF staff best bets for Rams-49ers on “Monday Night Football” in Week 4:
Ben Brown: Rams moneyline (+108 FD)
• PFF Greenline shows no value on the current spread, but there was an early-week opportunity on the Rams moneyline before seeing that drop to +105. PFF’s play-by-play simulation does lean in the Rams' direction, as the underlying betting market attraction to backing the 49ers isn’t baked into the numbers. San Francisco still looking overrated by the betting market, and unstable metrics like Kyle Shanahan’s convincing record against Sean McVay, make this a clear spot to fade noise and side with the better team in this matchup, the Rams.
Tej Seth: QB Matthew Stafford u1.5 pass TDs (-110 BetMGM)
• Although Stafford is typically a good-to-great NFL quarterback, he plays at a below-average level in prime-time games. We saw an example of this during the 2021 season on “Monday Night Football” against the San Francisco 49ers, as he opened the game with two interceptions and finished with only one touchdown in garbage time.
Richard Janvrin: Rams WR Cooper Kupp anytime TD (-105 FanDuel)
• Kupp saw only six targets, catching four of them for 44 receiving yards in Week 3. But in Weeks 1-2, Kupp had 29 total targets, over 100 yards in both games and three total scores. In the slot, Kupp will see a lot of Deommodore Lenoir, the 2021 fifth-rounder from Oregon. This is a slam-dunk matchup for Kupp.
PFF Greenline top play: Kupp o8.5 receptions (+126 FanDuel)
• Also a recommended bet in Ben Brown's ultimate MNF preview, Kupp has gone over this number in 13 of his past 20 games. This play has a whopping 23% edge via Greenline.
PFF staff Best Bets have gone 35-29 on the season.