Mac Jones officially out for Sunday, Brian Hoyer to start
- The New England Patriots tried to make it seem like Jones had a shot throughout the week, but that never seemed realistic, and that’s now confirmed.
- Jones suffered a high-ankle sprain late in the fourth quarter of last week’s loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
- Hoyer will be making his first start since Week 4 of the 2020 season (when Cam Newton tested positive for COVID-19). He earned a 58.8 PFF grade in that game – a loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Andy Dalton likely to start for the New Orleans Saints on Sunday
- Winston missed all three days of practice this week and is listed as doubtful due to back and ankle injuries.
- Dalton took first-team reps all week and is slated to make his first start as a member of the Saints.
- Winston has struggled in his last two starts, completing 50-of-81 passes for 589 yards, two touchdowns and five interceptions. New Orleans lost both games and Winston earned 46.9 and 67.6 PFF grades.
- Dalton started seven games last year with the Chicago Bears and earned a 67.1 PFF grade on the year.
- New Orleans will also be without WR Michael Thomas, who is nursing a foot injury. WR Jarvis Landry (ankle) and RB Alvin Kamara (rib) are listed as questionable.
- The Saints play the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday and the game is in London as part of the NFL International Series. Kickoff is at 9:30 a.m. ET.
NOTABLE INJURY DESIGNATIONS FOR SUNDAY
|Player||Team||Status||‘22 PFF grade|
|QB Jameis Winston||New Orleans Saints||Back + Ankle/ Doubtful||65.3|
|WR Michael Thomas||New Orleans Saints||Foot/OUT||77.2|
|RB Alvin Kamara||New Orleans Saints||Rib/Questionable||47.3|
|G Andrus Peat||New Orleans Saints||Concussion/OUT||55.2|
|WR Jarvis Landry||New Orleans Saints||Ankle/Questionable||69.8|
|S Marcus Maye||New Orleans Saints||Rib/OUT||63.4|
|RB Dalvin Cook||Minnesota Vikings||Shoulder/Will Play||67.1|
|LB Za'Darius Smith||Minnesota Vikings||Knee/Questionable||77.7|
|WR Gabriel Davis||Buffalo Bills||Ankle/Questionable||63.5|
|TE Dawson Knox||Buffalo Bills||Foot/Questionable||55.1|
|S Jordan Poyer||Buffalo Bills||Foot/Questionable||70.5|
|C Mitch Morse||Buffalo Bills||Elbow/Questionable||57.2|
|DT Ed Oliver||Buffalo Bills||Ankle/OUT||63.5|
|DT Jordan Phillips||Buffalo Bills||Hamstring/OUT||70.3|
|WR Jake Kumerow||Buffalo Bills||Ankle/OUT||64.9|
|CB Christian Benford||Buffalo Bills||Hand/OUT||56.6|
|RB JK Dobbins||Baltimore Ravens||Chest/Will Play||56.9|
|OT Ronnie Stanley||Baltimore Ravens||Ankle/Questionable||N/A|
|WR Amon-Ra St. Brown||Detroit Lions||Ankle/OUT||78.6|
|RB D'Andre Swift||Detroit Lions||Shoulder + Ankle / OUT||69.7|
|G Jonah Jackson||Detroit Lions||Finger/OUT||67.6|
|K Austin Seibert||Detroit Lions||Groin/OUT||N/A|
|WR DJ Chark||Detroit Lions||Ankle/Questionable||61.1|
|QB Zach Wilson||New York Jets||Knee/Will Play||N/A|
|WR Kadarius Toney||New York Giants||Hamstring/OUT||56.3|
|DT Leonard Williams||New York Giants||Knee/OUT||79.8|
|WR Wan'Dale Robinson||New York Giants||Knee/OUT||75.4|
|RB David Montgomery||Chicago Bears||Ankle/OUT||60.5|
|CB Jaylon Johnson||Chicago Bears||Quad/OUT||78.8|
|WR Velus Jones Jr.||Chicago Bears||Hamstring/Questionable||N/A|
|DT DeForest Buckner||Indianapolis Colts||Elbow/Questionable||78.2|
|LB Shaquille Leonard||Indianapolis Colts||Back/Questionable||N/A|
|RB Jonathan Taylor||Indianapolis Colts||Toe/Will Play||67.2|
|WR Keenan Allen||Los Angeles Chargers||Hamstring/OUT||80.6|
|QB Justin Herbert||Los Angeles Chargers||Ribs/Will Play||70.9|
|C Corey Linsley||Los Angeles Chargers||Knee/Questionable||67.6|
|CB JC Jackson||Los Angeles Chargers||Ankle/Will Play||40.1|
|DE Myles Garrett||Cleveland Browns||Shoulder + Biceps/Questionable||91.6|
|DE Jadeveon Clowney||Cleveland Browns||Ankle/Questionable||89.2|
|RB Cordarrelle Patterson||Atlanta Falcons||Knee/Questionable||77.5|
|WR Michael Gallup||Dallas Cowboys||Knee/Will Play||N/A|
|WR Zay Jones||Jacksonville Jaguars||Ankle/Questionable||75.8|
|RB Christian McCaffrey||Carolina Panthers||Quad/Questionable||86.3|
|WR Marquise Brown||Arizona Cardinals||Foot/Questionable||70.7|
|WR AJ Green||Arizona Cardinals||Knee/OUT||49.3|
|C Rodney Hudson||Arizona Cardinals||Knee/Questionable||63.2|
|WR Rondale Moore||Arizona Cardinals||Hamstring/Questionable||N/A|
|QB Mac Jones||New England Patriots||Ankle/OUT||58.4|
|WR Jakobi Meyers||New England Patriots||Knee/Questionable||72.9|
|CB Jaire Alexander||Green Bay Packers||Groin/Questionable||72.4|
|OT David Bakhtiari||Green Bay Packers||Knee/Will Play||64.0|
|WR Hunter Renfrow||Las Vegas Raiders||Concussion/OUT||54.3|
|WR Chris Godwin||Tampa Bay Bucs||Hamstring/Questionable||64.6|
|WR Julio Jones||Tampa Bay Bucs||Knee/Questionable||77.2|
|WR Russell Gage||Tampa Bay Bucs||Hamstring/Questionable||65.8|
|WR Breshad Perriman||Tampa Bay Bucs||Knee + Hamstring/Doubtful||57.9|
|OT Donovan Smith||Tampa Bay Bucs||Elbow/Questionable||62.9|
|WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling||Kansas City Chiefs||Abdomen/Questionable||61.8|