Dallas Cowboys To Start Cooper Rush On Sunday Night
- Rush has started the past four games for Dallas while Dak Prescott continues to recover from thumb surgery. The Cowboys have won all four games with Rush, and he’s earned a 65.0 PFF grade in those games.
- Prescott did throw for the first time since surgery on Wednesday, and he told local reporters he felt “great” and intends to throw again on Thursday.
- The Cowboys travel to Philadelphia to take on the undefeated Eagles on Sunday night.
Miami Dolphins Expected To Start QB Skylar Thompson This Week
- Tua Tagovailoa and Teddy Bridgewater are both in concussion protocol. Head coach Mike McDaniel told reporters that Tagovailoa will definitely not play on Sunday, while Bridgewater will be the backup if he clears all tests since he didn’t get a full week of reps.
- Thompson, selected in the seventh round of April’s draft, completed 16 of 33 passes for 166 yards and an interception after Bridgewater left Sunday’s game. He earned a 58.2 PFF grade.
- Thompson made the opening day roster after a successful preseason in which he recorded 450 passing yards, five touchdowns, no interceptions and a 75.1 PFF passing grade.
- The Dolphins (+3.5) host the 4-1 Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.
Buffalo Bills Designate CB Tre'Davious White To Return Off PUP
- White has been recovering from a torn ACL suffered last season on Thanksgiving night.
- Head coach Sean McDermott told reporters White will not be available this week against the Kansas City Chiefs. He is allowed to participate in practice, and the team will have 21 days to put him on the active roster.
- Buffalo has a bye after this week, so it’s fair to expect White to make his debut in Week 8 against Green Bay.
- White has been one of the top cornerbacks in the league, ranking third among qualifying players at the position in yards per coverage snap allowed since entering the NFL in 2017 (0.87).
New Orleans Saints Sign RB Jordan Howard
- New Orleans recently lost practice squad running backs Latavius Murray to the Denver Broncos and Tony Jones to the Seattle Seahawks.
- A former Pro Bowler with the Chicago Bears, Howard appeared in seven games for the Eagles last season and had 406 rushing yards on 86 carries. He earned a 75.3 PFF grade on the season.
- New Orleans has three running backs on its active roster: Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram and Dwayne Washington. Kamara has already missed two games this season with a rib injury.
Baltimore Ravens Rookie LB David Ojabo Practices For The First Time
- A projected first-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, Ojabo tore his Achilles tendon at his pro day in March and eventually slipped to the second round.
- The Ravens now have a 21-day window to put him on the active roster. Head coach John Harbaugh said he will not play on Sunday against the New York Giants.
- The Ravens also activated the practice window for Tyus Boswer, who started all 17 games last year and had a team-high seven sacks. He tore his Achilles tendon in the final game of the regular season.
- Bowser has earned a 70.0-plus PFF grade in each of the past three seasons, including a career-high 73.7 mark last season.
- Like Ojabo, Baltimore will have 21 days to put him on the active roster.