• CeeDee Lamb: 6 receptions, 97 yards, 1 touchdown
• Jahan Dotson: 3 receptions, 43 yards, 1 touchdown
• For all fantasy football game recaps from Week 4, click here.
Click to jump to a fantasy football game recap:
[email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected]
[email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected]
[email protected] | [email protected] |
The return of Michael Gallup: Gallup played his first game of the season, moving up to third on the Cowboys' depth chart.
- He was on the field for 37 of 47 plays in 11 personnel. Eight of the 10 plays he was off the field from that group were run plays.
- He was on the field for only two of 11 plays in two-receiver sets, but again, seven of those nine plays were run plays.
- That playing time will likely lead to more targets in the future.
- Ideally, he surpasses Noah Brown on the depth chart in two-receiver sets so he can run even more routes, similar to last year when he was healthy.
- Third-round rookie Jalen Tolbert was the third wide receiver for Dallas but was inactive, as the other backups are more involved on special teams.
Monitor the Jahan Dotson injury: The rookie left in the fourth quarter with a hamstring injury and didn’t play in the last 10 minutes of the game.
- He saw his usual role in the first three quarters, running a route on 100% of the team’s pass plays and leaving the field for just six run plays. The snap counts look worse because of how much Washington passed in the fourth quarter.
- His 16.0% targets per route run was his highest rate in a game in his career. Similarly, his 1.72 yards per route run was much higher than any of the past three games.
- 2021 third-round pick Dyami Brown took Dotson’s place in the offense.
- Brown caught one of four targets in the game.
- Dotson should be picked up in leagues where he is available, as he should only improve from here.
- Brown doesn’t need to be a waiver target, even if Dotson misses time.
Antonio Gibson trending down: Gibson had a quiet game on the ground, gaining 49 yards on 13 carries.
- Jonathan Williams was involved in the offense after just three offensive snaps over the first three weeks.
- Williams gained 48 yards on five carries.
- This meant Gibson handled a lower percentage of the early-down snaps compared to other games this season.
- Brian Robinson Jr. is eligible to return to the active roster this week, and it’s expected he will do so. That will cut into Gibson’s time even more going forward.