• Add De’Von Achane: Anytime a running back is able to score four times in the same game, he’s an obvious must-add for fantasy football purposes.
• Cut Antonio Gibson: This past week had the perfect conditions for a Gibson breakout game, but he only touched the ball five times for a second straight week.
• Buy low on Dalton Kincaid: Other rookie tight ends have scored more fantasy points, but Kincaid is still on the right path to be a fantasy star.
Estimated reading time: 14 minutes
This piece is a fantasy manager's one-stop shop for managing their fantasy roster early in the week. For more players to add, check out the weekly waiver wire, and for more on this past week's games in general, check out the fantasy football recap.
5 PLAYERS TO ADD
1. RB De’Von Achane, Miami Dolphins
Achane and the rest of the Dolphins put up an incredible performance, making the rookie a must-add for fantasy purposes.
- He ran the ball 18 times for 203 yards and two touchdowns while adding four receptions for 30 yards and another two touchdowns.
- Achane was off to a slow start after dealing with an injury in training camp and falling behind Salvon Ahmed on the depth chart. He played his first NFL offensive snaps last week after Ahmed went down due to injury. Ahmed was inactive in Week 3.
- While Raheem Mostert took every offensive snap on the Dolphins' first drive, Achane started mixing in significantly on the second drive. The two were used interchangeably throughout the game.
- If anything, Mostert was used more in passing situations while Achane played more in short-yardage situations. We could probably expect the opposite on a larger sample of plays.
- Achane is no sure thing going forward. Ahmed should be back from injury sooner rather than later, Jeff Wilson Jr. should be returning from injured reserve soon and Mostert certainly isn’t going away after a performance like this.
- The third-round rookie is too exciting to not prioritize adding to your fantasy roster because he has the potential to have a game like this again.
2. WR Tank Dell, Houston Texans