Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins
NFL Week 7 action is here. Here are five recommended plays to help you win big in DraftKings GPP and cash game competitions.
WR AMON-RA ST. BROWN, DETROIT LIONS ($7,100 ON DRAFTKINGS), @ DALLAS COWBOYS
- Detroit at Dallas opened with a humongous 48.5-point over/under. The Lions are 7-point road underdogs, which sets the table nicely for an Amon-Ra St. Brown eruption spot.
- PFF’s ownership projections have St. Brown with an enticing 3.4% rostership rate, likely due to his presence on the injury report (ankle) coming off Detroit’s Week 6 bye. The DFS market panics when a player pops up on the injury report, even if they are practicing in full like St. Brown is. Given his full health and low expected rostership rate, St. Brown makes for a must-use GPP play and is a fine cash game differentiator.
- St. Brown is PFF’s consensus Week 7 PPR WR4.
- PFF’s WR/CB matchup chart projects St. Brown to face Dallas slot cornerback Jourdan Lewis on 29-of-37 snaps this weekend.
- Among 97 NFL cornerbacks with at least 100 coverage snaps, Lewis’ 50.0 PFF coverage grade ranks tied for 77th.
- The table below shows Lewis’ 2022 pass coverage stats with ranks among qualifying cornerbacks.
|Forced Inc. %||NFL Passer Rating Allowed||Open Target Rate||Passing Yds Allowed @ Slot CB|
|0.0% (T-87th-highest)||113.2 (23rd-highest)||80.0% (highest)||146 (12th-most)|
- The table below shows St. Brown’s 2022 receiving statistics with ranks among NFL wide receivers with at least 35 targets. Note: St. Brown suffered an ankle injury in Week 3, missed Week 4 and played at less than 100% health on just 17 of quarterback Jared Goff’s 39 dropbacks in Week 5.
|NFL Passer Rating When Targeted||Tgts/Route Run %||Yds/Route Run||Yds After Catch/Rec.|
|114.4 (No. 6)||33.1% (No. 2)||2.30 (No. 8)||5.5 (T-No. 11)|
- St. Brown (77.3 PFF receiving grade) has a 76.2 matchup advantage rating over his Week 7 foe, per PFF’s WR/CB matchup chart.
- With D’Andre Swift (shoulder/ankle) not expected to play as of Saturday night, St. Brown should see an even higher target share than initially expected.