Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott Cleared To Return
• Prescott has officially been medically cleared and is expected to be a full participant at practice on Thursday.
• Prescott suffered a fractured thumb during the Cowboys' Week 1 loss to the Buccaneers.
• Cooper Rush started the last five games and the Cowboys went 4-1 during that span.
• Prescott is set to return against the Detroit Lions, who have allowed 28.0 points per game this season. Their defense has a bottom-six grade in run defense, pass rush, coverage and tackling.
Arizona Cardinals WR Marquise Brown To Miss At Least A Month
• The initial diagnosis was a season-ending foot injury for Brown, but a second opinion gave the team some slightly better news.
• Brown has been the Cardinals’ top receiving option and ranks fourth in targets (61), fifth in receptions (43) and ninth in explosive receptions of 15 or more yards (11) among all receivers. He’s earned a 76.2 receiving grade.
New Orleans Saints Rule Out Five For Thursday Night
• QB Jameis Winston, who has missed the last three games, does not have a final injury designation. However, head coach Dennis Allen declined to say if Winston would start or if they'll stick with Andy Dalton.
• The Saints are 1-2 with Dalton as the starter. He has gone 53-of-84 for 585 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. He’s earned an 82.3 PFF grade.
Carolina Panthers Will Once Again Start QB P.J. Walker This Week
• Walker started Sunday’s game against the Rams and was 10-of-16 for 60 yards. He left the game in the fourth quarter with a neck injury but has been cleared to play this weekend. He earned a 45.7 PFF grade.
• The Panthers also designated Sam Darnold to return from Injured Reserve. He’s been recovering from a high-ankle sprain, and the team will now have 21 days to put him on the active roster.
Nathaniel Hackett: Melvin Gordon Will Start This Week
• Hackett said he had a “great talk” with Gordon, who was benched on Monday night against his former team. Gordon carried just three times for eight yards and was replaced by Latavius Murray, who rushed 15 times for 66 yards.
• Gordon has rushed 55 times for 201 yards with one touchdown and four fumbles on the season. He’s earned a career-low 46.7 PFF grade so far.
• The Broncos (-1) welcome the New York Jets to Denver this Sunday.
Cleveland Browns Unlikely To Have Wyatt Teller This Week
• Teller left last Sunday’s loss to the Patriots with a left calf injury and was spotted in a walking boot on Wednesday.
• Teller has earned an 85.3 PFF grade this season, second-best among all guards (behind his own teammate Joel Bitonio). His 88.2 run-blocking grade is the best among all guards.
• Hjalte Froholdt replaced Teller last week and played 55 offensive snaps, earning a 69.6 PFF grade. He’s in line to make his first career NFL start.
Green Bay Packers Designate WR Sammy Watkins To Return From IR
• Watkins has missed the last four weeks with a hamstring injury. He returned to practice today, and the team will now have 21 days to activate him.
• Watkins earned a 69.9 PFF grade in the first two games of the season, catching six passes for 111 yards.
• Getting Watkins back would be good timing, considering Randall Cobb is expected to miss 2-4 weeks with an ankle injury. The Packers have a 69.7 receiving grade on the year, a bottom-12 mark in the NFL.
Miami Dolphins Place EDGE Trey Flowers On Injured Reserve
• Flowers signed with Miami during camp and has been used as a rotational pass-rusher through the first five games. He’s earned a 78.0 PFF grade.
• He suffered a foot injury during Sunday’s loss to Minnesota and will now miss at least four games.