Dan Snyder considering the potential sale of Washington Commanders
- The Snyders have hired Bank of America Securities to explore the possibility.
- It’s a major change in tone from Snyder, who has said for years that he would never sell.
- The news comes 15 days after Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said that he believed there is merit to removing Snyder as owner. The NFL’s investigation, led by attorney Mary Jo White, is still ongoing.
- Snyder has owned the team since 1999 when he paid roughly $800 million. Forbes valued the franchise at $5.6 billion in August.
Atlanta Falcons Designate RB Cordarrelle Patterson To Return From IR
- Patterson was placed on the injured reserve in early October following a minor knee procedure.
- Patterson was fourth in the NFL in rushing (340 yards) at the time. He earned a 77.4 PFF grade and an 81.6 rushing grade.
- Atlanta has held up without Patterson, using Tyler Allgeier (69.0) and Caleb Huntley (81.7).
- They moved into first place in the NFC South on Sunday following an overtime win over Carolina. They host the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday.
Washington Commanders Designate Chase Young To Return
- Young tore his ACL in Week 10 of last season, and head coach Ron Rivera described the injury as “a little more severe” than some other ACL injuries.
- Young earned Defensive Rookie of the Year honors in 2020, with 44 tackles, 7.5 sacks and four forced fumbles. His 87.1 PFF grade that season ranked fifth among all qualifying edge rushers.
- He’s also been one of the more productive players at the position against the run, grading in the 92nd percentile among all edge defenders in PFF run-defense grade since entering the league.
- Washington will have the next 21 days to put him on the active roster.
Philadelphia Eagles Place Rookie DI Jordan Davis on IR
- Davis suffered a high-ankle sprain on Sunday against Pittsburgh and will now miss at least the next four games. Davis has been tremendous this year. His 78.4 PFF grade ranks first among all rookies at his position. His 77.7 run-defense grade is a top-10 mark among all interior defensive linemen.
Houston Texans WR Brandin Cooks Listed As Questionable For TNF
- Cooks was listed as a full practice participant on Monday but missed Tuesday and Wednesday for personal reasons.
- There was talk that Cooks could be traded before Tuesday’s deadline, but his $18 million fully guaranteed salary for 2023 complicated potential deals.
- Cooks tweeted his displeasure after the deadline passed: “Don’t take a man’s kindness for granted. Covered for the lies for too long those days are done. Crossed the line with playing with my career.”
- Cooks has 32 receptions for 354 yards and a touchdown in seven games this season, earning a 65.5 PFF grade.
- In addition to Cooks being questionable, wide receiver Nico Collins was ruled out due to a groin injury.