Indianapolis Colts RB Jonathan Taylor out for Thursday Night Football
- Taylor’s 45.7 grade in Week 4 against the Tennessee Titans was the lowest single-game mark of his career, gaining just 42 yards on 20 rushing attempts with a lost fumble.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Tom Brady misses practice Wednesday
- Brady is dealing with injuries to his right shoulder and right finger.
- Despite a slow start to the season for the Buccaneers' offense, Brady has the sixth-best passing grade among quarterbacks (77.1) and the second-best grade on passes 20-plus yards downfield (92.0).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Cole Beasley retires
- Beasley just signed with Tampa Bay ahead of Week 3, recording four receptions and earning a 57.8 receiving grade over two games.
New England Patriots QB Mac Jones back at practice, pushing to play
- Jones’ 58.8 passing grade through Week 4 ranks tied for 30th among quarterbacks, but his 6.2% big-time throw rate ranks fourth.
Baltimore Ravens WR Rashod Bateman not at practice Wednesday
- The Ravens' wide receiver unit has a 65.2 unit grade through Week 4, which ranks 27th.
- Bateman leads the team with 2.43 yards per route run, but his four drops are tied for the most among wide receivers.
Los Angeles Chargers WR Keenan Allen not at practice Wednesday
- Allen’s hamstring injury has kept him out since Week 1, but his 78.3 receiving grade is still a top-15 mark among wide receivers this season.
Atlanta Falcons TE Kyle Pitts not seen at practice Wednesday
- Pitts’ production — or lack thereof — so far this season has been puzzling, to say the least, and this latest development is a step in the wrong direction.
- That said, Pitts’ 15.0 yards per reception is the top mark among tight ends, as is his staggering 15.6-yard average depth of target.
New York Giants injuries
- Quarterback Daniel Jones practiced Wednesday and is expected to play in London against the Green Bay Packers
- Backup quarterback Tyrod Taylor is still in the concussion protocol and did not practice Tuesday.
- Wide receivers Kadarius Toney and Wan’Dale Robinson practiced in a limited capacity Tuesday.
Cleveland Browns edge defenders working their way back into lineup
- Myles Garrett returned to practice Wednesday. Garrett’s 92.2 pass-rush grade is the top mark among edge defenders through Week 4.
- Jadeveon Clowney (ankle) missed practice Wednesday after not playing in Week 4.
Carolina Panthers place S Jeremy Chinn on injured reserve
- Chinn’s 46.3 grade through Week 4 ranks 68th among safeties with at least 100 snaps, but he’s an incredibly versatile defender on the backend for Carolina who can line up all over.
Washington Commanders dealing with WR ailments
- Rookie first-rounder Jahan Dotson is out for one to two weeks. Dotson’s four receiving touchdowns this season are tied with Stefon Diggs for the most among wide receivers.
- Curtis Samuel missed practice Wednesday with an illness, which could mean multiple wide receiver absences for Washington. Samuel has been a favorite target of quarterback Carson Wentz, with his 35 targets tied for 10th among wide receivers.
Los Angeles Rams C/G Coleman Shelton out 4-6 weeks, safety Jordan Fuller out 2-4 weeks
- Shelton’s 69.4 pass-block grade was the highest among Rams offensive linemen, a big loss for a unit already dealing with injuries.
- Fuller has been dealing with injuries throughout the season, but his 76.2 run-defense grade is 12th-best among safeties through Week 4.
Cleveland Browns sign former Houston Texans TE Pharaoh Brown
- Brown was surprisingly cut by Houston earlier this week, even with a fully guaranteed $2 million salary.
Philadelphia Eagles injuries
- Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni told reporters he's “hopeful” the long list of injured players on the roster — tackle Jordan Mailata, cornerback Darius Slay, cornerback Avonte Maddox, kicker Jake Elliott — will be available on Sunday in Arizona.
- Backup left tackle Andre Dillard was designated to return from injured reserve and has begun his practice window, but he will not be available against the Arizona Cardinals.
Chicago Bears place G Cody Whitehair on injured reserve
- Chicago’s 53.8 pass-block grade ranks 27th, and Whitehair’s 63.6 mark was the second-best on the team through Week 4.