Carolina Panthers trade Robbie Anderson to the Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona sent a 2024 sixth- and 2025 seventh-round pick.
- Anderson led Panthers wide receivers with 206 receiving yards in 2022.
Arizona Cardinals WR Marquise Brown expected to be out six weeks
- This is actually a positive development after Brown was feared to have potentially been lost for the season.
- Brown is currently fourth in targets (61), fifth in receptions (43) and ninth in explosive receptions (11) among wide receivers in 2022, and his 76.2 receiving grade is a top-25 mark.
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott expected back at practice Wednesday
- Backup quarterback Cooper Rush came back to Earth in Week 6, as his 42.2 passing grade ranked 27th out of 28 qualifying quarterbacks to go along with three interceptions and just 4.8 yards per attempt.
Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa expected to start Week 7
- Skylar Thompson and Teddy Bridgewater combined to throw for 385 passing yards on a cumulative 8.9 yards per attempt against the Minnesota Vikings, earning 85.6 and 79.2 passing grades, respectively, despite injuries to the Miami offensive line.
- Tagovailoa’s 78.8 passing grade on the season is sixth among quarterbacks, and his 9.0 yards per attempt is the top mark across the league.
Washington Commanders quarterback Carson Wentz to get surgery on broken finger
- Wentz is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
- The Commanders would owe the Indianapolis Colts a 2023 second-round pick if Wentz plays 70% of offensive snaps this season, that pick remains a third-rounder if he plays less than 70%.
- Taylor Heinicke is expected to start in the meantime. Heinicke earned a 60.6 passing grade from 2020-21, which ranked 46th out of 61 quarterbacks with at least 100 attempts over the span. His 4.3% turnover-worthy play rate is the 11th-worst.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Baker Mayfield out of walking boot
- P.J. Walker — who left early from the game against the Los Angeles Rams with a neck injury that is not expected to keep him out next week — completed just one pass beyond the line of scrimmage, and it traveled one yard beyond the line of scrimmage.
- If Mayfield plays 70% of offensive snaps the Panthers will owe the Cleveland Browns a fourth-round pick instead of a fifth-round pick. Even ignoring that incentive to keep Mayfield sidelined, his 53.3 passing grade is 37th out of 38 qualifying quarterbacks.
Denver Broncos safety Justin Simmons activated off injured reserve for Monday Night Football
- Simmons’ 90.6 grade since 2019 ranks second among safeties, and his 93.5 coverage grade is tied for first.
Las Vegas Raiders cornerback Nate Hobbs placed on injured reserve
- Hobbs’ 79.9 grade since 2021 ranks eighth among all cornerbacks and first among primarily slot cornerbacks.