Los Angeles Rams WR Cooper Kupp to miss some time
- Kupp injured his ankle in the fourth quarter of the Rams' loss to the Cardinals this past week.
- Coach Sean McVay said after the game that “it didn't look good and it didn't sound good,” but further tests confirmed it isn’t season-ending. Kupp will however miss some time.
- Kupp is second in the league with 75 receptions and 812 yards on the season. His 86.3 PFF grade is fifth among all receivers.
- The Rams dropped to last place in the NFC West with their loss on Sunday. They travel to New Orleans to take on the Saints on Sunday.
Carolina Panthers to start Baker Mayfield this week with PJ Walker injured
- Walker suffered a high ankle sprain in Thursday night's win over the Atlanta Falcons.
- Walker has started the last five games for Carolina after Mayfield suffered a high-ankle sprain of his own in Week 5.
- Walker was 58-of-100 for 671 yards, three touchdowns, nine big-time throws and three interceptions, earning a 63.0 PFF grade. The Panthers were 2-3 with him as a starter.
- Mayfield played in the second half of the Panthers’ Week 9 game, completing 16-of-20 pass attempts for 155 yards and two touchdowns, earning a 60.8 PFF grade.
- Sam Darnold will be the backup.
Miami Dolphins lose EDGE Emmanuel Ogbah for the season
- Ogbah tore his triceps in Sunday’s win over the Cleveland Browns and will require season-ending surgery.
- The Dolphins signed Ogbah to a four-year, $65.4 million deal this past offseason. He’s earned a 52.1 PFF grade on the season, the lowest mark of his career.
- He had nine sacks in each of his first two seasons with Miami but will finish this season with only one.
- Miami has decent depth at pass-rusher especially after adding Bradley Chubb to go along with Jaelan Phillips and Melvin Ingram. Look for Zach Sieler to get an uptick in snaps with Ogbah out.
Arizona Cardinals TE Zach Ertz suffers season-ending knee injury
- Ertz was carted off in the first quarter of Sunday’s game against the Rams and was in tears as he was taken back to the locker room.
- Arizona acquired Ertz in a trade last season and re-signed him to a three-year, $31.6 million deal this past offseason.
- He finishes the season with 406 receiving yards and four touchdowns on 47 receptions, earning a 62.5 PFF grade.
- Arizona used a second-round pick on TE Trey McBride and he should see an increase in workload with Ertz done for the year.
Arizona Cardinals Waive RB Eno Benjamin
- Benjamin played just one snap in the Cardinals' win in Week 10.
- He started three games for Arizona recently due to mounting running back injuries and has 70 carries for 299 yards and two touchdowns this season. He’s also caught 24 passes for 184 yards.
- Benjamin’s 72.4 PFF grade and 81.9 rushing grade both rank first on the team.
- James Conner is healthy from his rib injury and rookie Keaontay Ingram is now his primary backup.
- Just like all players cut after the trade deadline, Benjamin will go on waivers.
Philadelphia Eagles place CB Avonte Maddox on injured reserve
- Maddox has been dealing with a hamstring injury and will now miss at least the next four games.
- Maddox has started five games this season and has earned a 69.1 PFF grade and a 72.2 coverage grade.
- The earliest Maddox can return is in Week 14 against the New York Giants.
More news and notes around the NFL
- Minnesota Vikings LT Christian Darrisaw is in concussion protocol. Darrisaw has played at an All-Pro level this season with an 89.8 PFF grade, the best mark among all offensive linemen.
- The Las Vegas Raiders claimed former Chargers first-round DL Jerry Tillery off waivers. Multiple teams put in claims for Tillery, but Las Vegas had the highest priority.
- Kansas City Chiefs DE Frank Clark has been reinstated from his two-game suspension.
- Denver Broncos CB K'Waun Williams will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery and will miss at least four weeks.