Buffalo Bills place EDGE Von Miller on IR
- Miller will miss at least the next four games after suffering lateral meniscus damage to his right knee during Buffalo’s Thanksgiving day win over Detroit.
- Miller said on his podcast earlier this week that he was hoping to be back in Week 14 against the New York Jets.
- “We don't want to rush him back,” GM Brandon Beane said. We just think in talking to the medical people that the best decision right now is to give this time, and that gives him the best opportunity to help us down the stretch.”
- The earliest Miller could return is Week 17 against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Miller has played in all 11 games this season and ranks eighth in pressures (45) and ninth in PFF grade (85.8) among edge rushers.
Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields upgraded to full participant at practice
- Fields was limited at practice all of last week and missed Sunday’s game against the New York Jets.
- Fields has been dealing with an injury to his non-throwing shoulder and told reporters last week that he has a separated shoulder with torn ligaments.
- The Bears take on the Green Bay Packers this week. Chicago has a bye next week, which could potentially play into their final decision with Fields’ status this week.
More news and notes around the NFL
- Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson was a full participant at practice after he was limited on Wednesday with a quad injury.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Leonard Fournette (hip) was a full participant in practice today. Fournette missed last week’s game against Cleveland.
- Kentucky QB Will Levis declared for the 2023 NFL Draft. Levis is the third-ranked player on PFF’s Big Board.