As we enter the latter half of our fantasy football seasons, many of your league mates will begin to neglect the waiver wire, opening the door for you to swoop in and find some attractive IDP depth to help you get to the fantasy playoffs.
Bye weeks, injuries and COVID-19 continue to disrupt our lineups, so in a year where depth is key, let me help you sort out some names to target for Week 9.
I will always try to put new names in my weekly articles, as to not repeat the same information from one week to the next, but there will come times where players who were mentioned previously continue to be under-rostered or who you might have missed from a past week’s article. For this reason, I will list anyone who is still relevant here who I have mentioned in the prior three weeks with the link to their article and information below.
NAMES THAT BEAR REPEATING
- Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, MIA (WK6)
- Haason Reddick, ED, ARZ (WK6)
- Malik Reed, ED, DEN (WK7)
- Marcus Davenport, DE, NO (WK7)
- Melvin Ingram, DE, LAC (WK8)
- Tyrell Adams, LB, HST (WK6)
- Bobby Okereke, LB, IND (WK6)
- Vince Williams/Robert Spillane, LB, PIT (WK7)
- Dre Greenlaw, LB, SF (WK7)
- Krys Barnes, LB, GB (WK7)
- Cole Holcomb, LB, WAS (WK7)
- Quincy Williams, LB, JAX (WK8)
- Ronnie Harrison, S, CLV (WK6)
- Kamren Curl, S, WAS (WK8)
As for new names to target in Week 9…
Since Week 4, no Jacksonville player has generated more total pressures (14) or sacks (2) than Dawuane Smoot. He started to see an increased role in late September and has been the Jaguars' most productive pass-rusher since then. While many of us are rostering Josh Allen, he has been an undeniable disappointment so far this season, having missed two games because of injury and notching just one sack on the year.