- Best big-name player: Allen Lazard has an ideal matchup against the Detroit Lions defense. He took advantage of the matchup once this season, and he can do it again.
- Best mid-priced player: Jamaal Williams has a revenge game against the Green Bay Packers and should see plenty of carries regardless of the game script.
- The winning strategy: Click here to learn more about the format and the exploitable trends to use this season, including which positions provide the most leverage in the CPT spot and how DFS gamers can roster multiple and single positions in FLEX spots to gain leverage on the field.
Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins
Allen Lazard, Green Bay Packers ($7,400)
Lazard caught four passes for 87 yards and a touchdown in his last matchup against the Lions.
- He remains one of the Packers' starting wide receivers despite Christian Watson‘s emergence. He’s played in at least 88% of Green Bay's offensive snaps in seven of his last eight games.
- The only exception was a blowout victory where the starters were taken out early.
- Both he and Watson are well-suited to face the Lions' defense.
- Detroit has the third-highest rate of using man defense this season.
- Lazard has a 78.1 PFF receiving grade against man coverage compared to 68.4 against zone this season.
- Similarly, his target share is 25.1% against man coverage compared to 15.8% against zone. His yards per route run and touchdowns per route run are also better against man coverages.
- Watson has similarly put up better numbers against man coverages while Romeo Doubs and Randall Cobb have played better against zone defenses.
- The Lions have allowed the third-most fantasy points to wide receivers this season.
- That’s in part because they’ve allowed the most receiving yards to players in the slot at 1,519 yards. They’ve also allowed the highest first down or touchdown rate to players targeted in the slot at 54.2%.
- Lazard has been the Packers' best slot receiver, generating a 26.6% threat rate and four of his five touchdowns in the slot.
- Watson has also played well in the slot, as Green Bay uses all of its receivers there.
- Lazard is the pick over Watson due to his cheaper price and Watson’s limited playing time last week due to injury. Watson has been limited in practice this week.