• Cut Jerick McKinnon: The veteran running back isn’t seeing the same role with Kansas City as last season, leading to fewer receptions and carries.
• Buy low on Calvin Ridley: His matchups will be better in the upcoming weeks compared to recently.
Estimated reading time: 14 minutes
This piece is a fantasy manager's one-stop shop for managing their fantasy roster early in the week. For more players to add, check out the weekly waiver wire, and for more on this past week's games in general, check out the fantasy football recap.
5 PLAYERS TO ADD
1. RB Jaleel McLaughlin, Denver Broncos
Javonte Williams suffered a hip injury early in the second quarter of Sunday’s game and was ruled out early in the third quarter.
- McLaughlin, an undrafted rookie out of Youngstown State, took over as the early-down back in Williams' absence.
- He played very well, running seven times for 72 yards and catching three passes for 32 yards and a touchdown.
- He didn’t fully take over Williams' role, as Samaje Perine served as the short-yardage back. McLaughlin is 5-foot-9 and 187 pounds, and Perine is 5-foot-11 and 236 pounds, so it’s unsurprising that Perine was used in short-yardage situations.
- The Williams injury isn’t expected to be too serious, and there is a chance he might not miss any time.
- McLaughlin is a waiver target because there is a chance he starts in Week 5. But since that isn’t necessarily guaranteed, he shouldn’t be a huge priority in terms of FAAB.
2. RB Keaton Mitchell, Baltimore Ravens