• Backup running backs on the rise: Multiple running backs have recently seen substantial growth in playing time.
• The New York Jets’ youth movement: New York made changes at running back, wide receiver and tight end to give their younger players more playing time.
Estimated Reading Time: 10 minutes
PFF's fantasy football recap focuses on player usage and stats, breaking down all the vital information you need to achieve fantasy success in 2023. Here, we touch on only players who are relevant in fantasy football leagues.
These are my 10 biggest reactions to the games from the Sunday slate. To get a more in-depth breakdown, check out my full Sunday recap.
Khalil Herbert returns for Chicago: Herbert had missed the last five games while on injured reserve due to ankle and shin injuries.
- Herbert was the clear starter when he was healthy, while Roschon Johnson was his backup.
- D’Onta Foreman played well enough during Herbert’s absense that this was a three-man committee for this game.
- Foreman started the game and took eight of the 10 snaps on the Bears’ first drive.
- Foreman proceeded to play more snaps than Herbert in the first half, taking 16 snaps to Herbert's 12. Roschon Johnson played nine snaps in the first half, mostly coming on third downs or second-and-long.
- Foreman started the third quarter but injured his ankle on the second play of the quarter and didn’t return. He was also limited in practice all week due to an ankle injury.
- Herbert played 20 snaps after the injury compared to Johnson's 16.
- Herbert can return to fantasy starting lineups if the Foreman injury is serious, as he should receive the clear majority of carries.
- If Foreman returns, then Herbert should still play more snaps than he did in the first half, but Foreman might remain the better fantasy back due to goal-line opportunities. He scored a one-yard touchdown run in this game.
- The Bears have one of the worst schedules for running backs going forward, so this might be something to avoid in most leagues regardless of the health of Foreman.
DOMINATE FANTASY FOOTBALL & BETTING WITH AI-POWERED DATA & TOOLS TRUSTED BY ALL 32