• Top Week 13 teaser — Browns -1 (from -7) at Texans / Dolphins +10 (from +4) at 49ers:
• Cleveland offense ranked 5th in PFF grading should only improve with Deshaun Watson. If he's rusty, expect Browns' elite run game to do work against NFL's worst rush defense.
• Miami's passing attack (No. 3 in EPA/play) has weapons to sink championship-caliber San Francisco defense (No. 6 in success rate vs pass).
Last updated: Nov. 30, 9: 20 p.m.
Estimated reading time: 3 mins
With the sports betting industry evolving and gaining popularity, so is the way you can make NFL wagers. The days of just betting on sides and totals are over.
One popular way bettors try to find value on NFL lines is by playing teasers. An NFL teaser is similar to a parlay; you add multiple legs that must all win for the bet to pay out. The key difference from parlays is that a teaser allows you to buy points like 6, 6.5 or 7 in a direction that lowers risk.
Teaser Tips to Follow
• Never Cross over 0
• Tease through key numbers 3 & 7
• Tease games with lower totals, ideally anything 49 or less.
Here are four teaser legs I like, along with my favorite two-team six-point teaser in Week 13:
Top Week 13 Teaser Bet: Browns -1 (from -7) at Texans / Dolphins +10 (from +4) at 49ers (-120)
Baltimore Ravens -2.5 ( from -8.5) vs Denver Broncos
• According to PFF Power Rankings, the Baltimore Ravens are a top-10 team (6th): Meantime, the Broncos are one of the worst in the NFL (25th).
• The Broncos' offense currently ranks 30th in success rate, scoring a league-low 14.3 points per game: Over their past three games, the Broncos are only averaging 12 points and haven't scored multiple touchdowns in a game since Week 8.
• This may be the most intriguing game on the slate: With both teams uniquely motivated. Quarterback Deshaun Watson returns from his 11-game suspension and plays his first regular season game in more than 700 days. Ironically, it is against his former team.
• The Cleveland Browns offense currently ranks 10th in the NFL in success rate, 6th in rushing success rate: It's a unit that is only going to get better with Watson behind center.
• Houston ranks dead last in defending the run: Allowing 168.6 rushing yards per game.
Miami Dolphins +10 (from +4) @ San Francisco 49ers
• The Dolphins and 49ers are top 10 in offensive EPA/play: The key matchup in this game is San Francisco's defense (No. 1 in pass-rush win rate) vs. Miami's offense, which will be without star LT Terron Armstead.
• 49ers defense is championship-caliber when healthy: Miami will be their biggest challenge yet. While their defense ranks 6th in success rate against the pass, Tua Tagovailoa, Tyreek Hill, and Jaylen Waddle catalyze the NFL's 2nd-ranked passing offense (3rd in EPA/play).
Dallas Cowboys -5 (from -11) vs Indianapolis Colts
• Dallas has passing chops to exploit Colts mediocre secondary: One thing the Colts do well is avoid giving up the big play. They allow the 4th lowest aDot (7.3) and 2nd lowest yards per reception (10).
• Among 33 qualified QBs, Dak Prescott has the 3rd highest EPA/Dropback, while Matt Ryan Ranks 25th: 11 points may be too many for the Cowboys to cover, but teasing them down to -5 offers excellent value, as the Colts could struggle to score on NFL's No. 2 scoring defense.
Favorite 2-team 6pt teasers for Week 13
Bet: Browns -1 / Dolphins +10 (-120)
Kurt's teaser bets are 7-5-1 on the season (+1 unit).