- Leonard Fournette won’t need a huge game: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are heavy favorites against the Panthers, which will let Rachaad White be more involved in the offense.
- P.J. Walker is a risk-averse quarterback: The Carolina Panthers‘ new starter can avoid interceptions with safe throws against the Buccaneers.
- Brian Robinson in a three-back committee: The Washington Commanders made it clear all three backs will see significant playing time, which will make it hard for Robinson to garner significant carries while Washington plays from behind.
- 2022 record: 9-9.
- New users who bet $10 or more at BetMGM will receive a free year’s subscription to PFF+ — a $79.99 value.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
RB Leonard Fournette, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Under 100.5 rushing/receiving yards (-117)
- Fournette has played two-thirds of the Buccaneers’ offensive snaps over the last three weeks.
- That rate decreases to 58.7% when Tampa Bay has a lead and 45.7% when it has at least a touchdown lead, as the Buccaneers are more comfortable giving Rachaad White opportunities when leading.
- The Buccaneers are heavy favorites against the Panthers, so they should lead early and not let go.
- Carolina’s run defense has the seventh-highest team grade (69.4).
- The Panthers have allowed 141.5 yards per game to running backs this season, but White should garner at least a third of those yards.
- Starting right guard Shaq Mason has taken every snap for the Buccaneers so far this season but is not participating in practice due to an ankle injury and could miss this game, which could make the Buccaneers' run game even less efficient.