• BET Eagles RB Miles Sanders anytime TD at Washington (+130 DK): 15 carries per game; Commanders 29th vs. run.
• BET Falcons QB Marcus Mariota anytime TD vs. Seattle (+200 DK): 10 designed runs among his 18-88-2 rushing.
• BET Chiefs TE Travis Kelce anytime TD at Colts (-145 DK): PFF Fantasy has Kelce's matchup best of Week 3 TEs.
• New users who bet $10 or more at BetMGM will receive a free year’s subscription to PFF+ — a $79.99 value.
Estimated reading time: 4 mins
The Sunday slate in Week 3 includes seven games with a total of 45 or lower, per BetMGM. There could be a bit less offense this week, but there are still some excellent matchups we’ll look to exploit in the PFF anytime TD space, where we finished Week 1 up nearly 15 units.
Indianapolis Colts (+5.5) vs. Kansas City Chiefs (50.5)
BET: CHIEFS TE TRAVIS KELCE ANYTIME TD (-145 ON DRAFTKINGS)
• Who Will Cover Him?: According to our Fantasy Football TE Matchup tool, Kelce has far and away the best matchup at the position in Week 3. He should face plenty of Colts LB Zaire Franklin, who has just a 56.7 coverage grade. At cornerback, the Colts are fine, with Stephon Gilmore leading the unit. He should match up plenty against Chiefs WRs Marquez Valdes-Scantling or Mecole Hardman. There are no answers on the Colts for Kelce.
BET: COLTS WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR. ANYTIME TD (+120 ON DRAFTKINGS)
• Rebound After Missing Week 2: The Colts were dismantled in Week 2 by the Jacksonville Jaguars, 24-0. QB Matt Ryan threw three interceptions. Though we don’t want to blame the absence of WR Michael Pittman Jr., Ryan will look to him early and often against a Chiefs offense averaging over 30 points per game. In Week 1, Pittman caught nine balls on 13 targets for 121 yards and a score. Outside of RB Jonathan Taylor, Pittman should be the next man up to score for them.
New York Jets (+5) vs. Cincinnati Bengals (45)
BET: JETS WR COREY DAVIS ANYTIME TD (+250 ON DRAFTKINGS)
• Flacco Continues To Throw. A Lot: When looking at Jets receivers Corey Davis and Elijah Moore, readers find that they each line up on both sides of the field. Bengals CBs Eli Apple and Chidobe Awuzie do the same. So far this season, these Bengals corners have 49.5 and 67.7 coverage grades, respectively. Safety Jessie Bates III also only has a 57.0 coverage grade. With Jets QB Joe Flacco already over 100 attempts to start the season, he may need to keep throwing, as this is an excellent spot for the Bengals offense to “get right.” Among Gang Green's top WR trio, Davis has the longest odds and is a great candidate to score in a second consecutive week.
Carolina Panthers (+3) vs. New Orleans Saints (40.5)
BET: SAINTS D/ST ANYTIME TD (+500 ON DRAFTKINGS)
• They Face Baker Mayfield: Baker Mayfield’s career with the Panthers has not quite yet been what either party had in mind. They're 0-2 and now face a Saints defense notorious for shutting teams down. New Orleans hasn’t quite been its dominant self yet this season, but Mayfield is a great candidate to boost the Saints' confidence. Posting only a 49.1 passing grade this year, Mayfield has three turnover-worthy plays. He also has an average depth of target of only 7.3 yards and hasn’t been able to make anything happen consistently when throwing to any part of the field. He has a 92.6 passing grade when throwing to deep center, but he has only two attempts there. In targeting every other part of the field, his passing grade is not above 65.8. This week, Mayfield faces a coverage unit led by CB Marshon Lattimore and S Tyrann Mathieu. This could be a disaster for the Panthers and Mayfield. At +500, it's worth roughly a half-unit sprinkle.
Seattle Seahawks (-1.5) vs. Atlanta Falcons (42)
BET: FALCONS QB MARCUS MARIOTA ANYTIME TD (+200 ON DRAFTKINGS)
• Run, Mariota, Run: Another game in the low 40s that sets up to be a low-scoring affair, but we love targeting quarterbacks that run with the ball. At +200, this is a great bet because, over the first two weeks, Mariota has 10 designed runs. He has an additional eight rushes coming from scrambling, too. With 18 rush attempts, Mariota has 88 rushing yards and a score. In Week 2 against the Rams, it was hard for the Atlanta offense to get anything going until the end. Still, the Falcons playmakers should be able to make some things happen on the road, and Mariota is part of that.
Washington Commanders (+6.5 vs. Philadelphia Eagles (47.5)
BET: EAGLES RB MILES SANDERS ANYTIME TD (+130 ON DRAFTKINGS)
• He’s Getting Plenty Of Usage: After not scoring a single time in all of 2021, Sanders finally snapped his streak, scoring in Week 1. With Jalen Hurts at quarterback, a lot of the rushing game — including stats and touchdowns — is siphoned away. However, Sanders is getting plenty of looks, seeing 15 carries a game to start the year. With those carries, Sanders is averaging nearly six yards a clip. Against the Commanders, who rank 29th in run defense grade, the Eagles are nearly a touchdown favorite in the NFC East showdown. Sanders should get the same opportunities, if not more, and this is a great matchup to again hit pay dirt.