• BET Panthers +8.5 vs. Saints / Falcons -7 vs. Seahawks (-120): Back home division dog in early must-win spot; Falcons look surprisingly competent on offense.
• BET Eagles -.5 vs. Commanders / Packers +7 vs. Bucs (-120): Eagles ‘D' ranks fourth in PFF coverage, sixth overall; Jones-Dillon combo running well for Green Bay, get Bucs run ‘D' showing a few cracks.
• New users who bet $10 or more at BetMGM will receive a free year’s subscription to PFF+ — a $79.99 value.
Estimated reading time: 3 min
With the sports betting industry evolving and gaining popularity, so is the way you can make NFL wagers. The days of just betting on sides and totals are over.
One popular way bettors try to find value on NFL lines is by playing teasers. An NFL teaser is similar to a parlay; you add multiple legs that must all win for the bet to pay out. The key difference from parlays is that a teaser allows you to buy points like 6, 6.5 or 7 in a direction that lowers risk.
Teaser Tips to Follow
• Never Cross over 0
• Tease through key numbers 3 & 7
• Tease games with lower totals, ideally anything 49 or less.
Five potential teaser legs in Week 3, along with our top two teasers
Philadelphia Eagles from -6.5 to -.5 at Washington Commanders
• A weak point last season, the Eagles defense has surprisingly turned around and become a very good unit: The additions of James Bradberry, C.J. Gardner-Johnson and Haason Reddick have definitely helped. The Eagles have the fourth-highest coverage grade and are sixth overall on PFF at 71.7. In Week 3, they go up against Carson Wentz and the Commanders.
• Wentz still not good: According to PFF's Power Rankings, Wentz is the fifth-lowest-rated QB and his PFF grade of 63.1 is 19th in the NFL.
• Great value in teasing the Eagles: At -.5, all they have to do is win straight up to cash their leg.
Green Bay Packers from +1 to +7 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
• Packers rank 1st in rushing with a PFF grade of 85.8: They need to continue running the ball to succeed against Tampa Bay, which is allowing 4.6 rushing yards per attempt, ranked 19th in the NFL.
• Tampa Bay's O-line already taking some hits early this season: It must step up and protect QB Tom Brady against a Packers defense that leads the league in pressure rate (44%). Good news for the Bucs: Despite a high-pressure rate, the Packers have only come away with four sacks.
Atlanta Falcons from +1 to +7 vs. Seattle Seahawks
• Seahawks shut out on offense last week: And it has the fourth-lowest Expected Points Added/Play. Seattle’s defense is also awful, ranking 25th in total DVOA and 30th against the pass. It is only going to get worse without star S Jamal Adams, who's out for the season.
• Marcus Mariota and Falcons have held their own early in season: They nearly knocked off the Saints in Week 1 and came just short on a great comeback attempt against the defending Super Champion Rams Sunday. The Falcons offense has been slightly above average, with a 47.8% Success Rate, seventh-best in the NFL.
Carolina Panthers from +2.5 to +8.5 vs. New Orleans Saints
• Must-win for Carolina?: Matt Rhule's Panthers need a win vs. the Saints to save their season. It is crazy to say it's a must-win in Week 3? Some unsolicited advice for Rhule: give the Ball to Christian McCaffrey. The Panthers' top playmaker, CMC ranks third in yards per carry (5.4) among running backs with at least 25 attempts.
• Saints have also started slow: Playing with fractures in his back, Jameis Winston threw three interceptions and took six sacks in the 20-10 loss to Tampa Bay. Winston has the third-worst EPA/Play, in front of only Davis Mills and Matt Ryan. We love backing a home division dog.
Dallas Cowboys from +1 to +7 at New York Giants
• Brian Daboll deserves praise for his 2-0 Giants start: Still, the wins weren't pretty. After being shut out in the first half of their Week 1 matchup, the Giants needed some help scoring 21 points in the second half to pull out a victory. In Week 2, New York escaped with a win against a horrendous Panthers team. With an offense that is very limited, sporting a success rate that ranks 31st in the league, it will be hard to cover a 7-point spread.
Favorite 2-team 6-pt teasers in Week 3
• Eagles -.5 / Packers +7 (-120)
• Panthers +8.5 / Falcons +7 (-120)