Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Davante Adams facing possible suspension
- Adams hauled in three receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns in Monday Night’s tough loss against the division-rival Kansas City Chiefs and took his frustration out on a cameraman as he was entering the tunnel.
- Adams immediately apologized to reporters after the game and on social media, but the cameraman claims to have needed to go to the hospital and has since filed charges.
- Adams reportedly may be facing a suspension, which would be a crushing blow to an offense that also lost tight end Darren Waller to a hamstring injury during the game.
- Adams’ 412 receiving yards, ten explosive receptions and six contested catches all rank inside the top ten among wide receivers thus far in 2022.
Denver Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson expected to play after injection in shoulder
- Wilson’s 59.4 passing grade and four touchdown passes are the lowest of his career through Week 5.
- The Los Angeles Chargers defense is allowing .043 expected points added per play, which ranks 25th, and .047 expected points added per dropback, which ranks 20th.
Denver Broncos designate safety Justin Simmons, two others to return from injured reserve
- Third-round rookie tight end Greg Dulcich and cornerback Michael Ojemudia were also designated to return.
- Simmons’ 90.6 grade since 2019 ranks second among safeties, and his 93.5 coverage grade is tied for first.
- With the loss of cornerback Ronald Darby to injury for the season, the return of the Broncos’ leader in the secondary is huge for one of the league’s best defenses thus far.
New England Patriots running back Damien Harris (hamstring) to miss “multiple weeks”
- Harris’ 73.2 rushing grade ranks 27th among running backs and his 3.2 yards after contact per attempt ranks 28th.
- Fourth-round sophomore running back Rhamondre Stevenson is expected to handle the lion’s share of the workload going forward, especially until Ty Montgomery returns from injury and will presumably be involved on third downs.
- Stevenson’s 89.0 rushing grade and 4.2 yards after contact per attempt rank third among running backs, his 11 explosive rushes ranks tied for sixth, and his .25 missed tackles forced per attempt ranks 17th.
Washington Commanders quarterback Carson Wentz dealing with shoulder injury
- Wentz still went through a full throwing session in Tuesday’s practice ahead of Thursday Night Football but is dealing with an issue in his right throwing shoulder.
- Wentz has taken 20 sacks this season, third-most in the NFL, and has only been deemed at least partially responsible for 8.7% of his pressures, 23rd in the NFL.
- Wentz’s boom-or-bust nature has continued into 2022, as his 11 big-time throws are the second-most among quarterbacks, but his nine turnover-worthy plays are tied for fifth-most.
Chicago Bears cornerback Jaylon Johnson full participant Tuesday
- The Bears' top cornerback is set to make his return on Thursday after missing Weeks 3-5.
- Johnson’s 78.8 grade so far in 2022 ranks 10th among cornerbacks, and his 0.35 yards per coverage snap allowed ranks third.
- Johnson will likely be matched up opposite Washington Commanders star wide receiver Terry McLaurin on a lot of snaps, especially with rookie wide receiver Jahan Dotson not expected to play.