Los Angeles Rams QB Matthew Stafford Enters Concussion Protocol
- Head coach Sean McVay said the medical staff evaluated Stafford after Week 9’s game and determined he should be in the protocol.
- John Wolford would start against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday if Stafford does not clear the protocol in time.
- Wolford’s only career start was in Week 17 of the 2020 season, fittingly against the Cardinals. He was 22-of-38 for 231 yards with a touchdown. He earned a 70.1 PFF grade.
Green Bay Packers Claim Johnathan Abram Off Waivers
- The Las Vegas Raiders waived Abram on Tuesday, and now he heads to Green Bay, where he’ll reunite with former Raiders special teams coordinator and interim head coach Rich Bisaccia.
- Abram, a 2019 first-round draft pick, has earned a 49.5 PFF grade this season. He totaled over 850 snaps in 2020 and 2021 after missing almost his entire rookie season. His 56.9 grade in 2021 was a career best by a wide margin.
- Green Bay inherits the rest of Abram’s rookie contract, a little over $1 million in base salary. He’ll be an unrestricted free agent in March.
Injury Report For Thursday Night Football
- The Atlanta Falcons ruled out cornerback A.J. Terrell (hamstring), his third straight game missed. Safety Erik Harris (foot) and tight end Feleipe Franks (calf) are also out for Atlanta.
- The Carolina Panthers are listing running back Chuba Hubbard (ankle), right tackle Taylor Moton (elbow), cornerback Donte Jackson (ankle) and interior defender Matt Ioannidis (back) as questionable.
- The Falcons are 3-point favorites in the game. PFF Greenline sees an edge on the spread and the moneyline.
More news and notes around the NFL:
- The Houston Texans added running back Dameon Pierce to the injury report with a chest and shoulder issue. He limited today at practice.
- Indianapolis Colts running back Jonathan Taylor returned to practice today after missing last week and was officially limited. Backup Deon Jackson did not practice with a knee injury.
- The Arizona Cardinals held quarterback Kyler Murray out of practice due to a hamstring injury.