Philadelphia Eagles designate rookie DT Jordan Davis to return from IR
- Davis has missed the past four games with a high ankle sprain.
- His absence was evident almost immediately, as Philadelphia allowed 168 rushing yards to the Houston Texans and 152 yards to the Washington Commanders in back-to-back weeks.
- The Eagles added former Pro Bowlers Linval Joseph and Ndamukong Suh shortly after that, and getting Davis back should only help.
- Davis has earned a 78.4 PFF grade, the best grade among all rookies at his position. His 77.7 run-defense grade is a top-10 mark in the NFL at his position.
- Philadelphia (-5.5) hosts Derrick Henry and the Tennessee Titans this Sunday.
Baltimore Ravens designate RB J.K. Dobbins to return from IR
- Dobbins has missed the past five games after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.
- The former second-round pick missed all of last season with a torn ACL, LCL and meniscus. He returned in Week 3 of this season and has played in four games so far, totaling 123 yards on 35 carries. He’s earned a 63.5 PFF grade.
- Once activated, Dobbins will join Kenyan Drake, Gus Edwards, Mike Davis and Justice Hill on the active roster.
Seattle Seahawks claim safety Johnathan Abram off waivers
- Seattle will be Abram’s third team in the past month after he was waived by Las Vegas and Green Bay.
- Seahawks safety Ryan Neal suffered an elbow injury on Sunday and is “a little banged up,” head coach Pete Carroll said. Ryan has been PFF’s highest-graded safety since Week 7 with a 91.0 mark.
- Abram didn’t play much with Green Bay and has earned a 49.5 PFF grade this season. He totaled over 850 snaps in 2020 and 2021 after missing almost his entire rookie season. His 56.9 grade in 2021 was a career-best mark by a wide margin.
Buffalo Bills–New England Patriots injury report for TNF
- The Bills ruled out LT Dion Dawkins (ankle) and EDGE Von Miller (knee), while the Patriots ruled out RB Damien Harris (thigh) and RT Isaiah Wynn (foot).
- David Quessenberry will replace Dawkins at left tackle. Miller’s injury will keep him out this week but he did say on his podcast that he hopes to be back for Buffalo’s Week 14 game against the New York Jets.
More news and notes around the NFL
- Cincinnati Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase confirmed to reporters today that he expects to play on Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs after missing the past four games with a hip injury.
- The Los Angeles Rams ruled out DT Aaron Donald for Sunday’s game against the Seattle Seahawks due to his ankle injury. This will be Donald’s first career game missed due to injury.
- With Justin Fields (shoulder) and Trevor Siemian (oblique) dealing with injuries, the Chicago Bears signed QB Tim Boyle off the Detroit Lions practice squad.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers designated veteran safety Logan Ryan to return from injured reserve.