Los Angeles Rams waive RB Darrell Henderson
- Henderson has played in all 10 games this season, starting seven of them. He leads the team with 283 rushing yards and three touchdowns, earning a 57.7 PFF grade. He played just four snaps this past week.
- The former third-round pick started 10 games last season for the eventual Super Bowl champs and totaled 688 rushing yards.
- Cam Akers and rookie Kyren Williams are currently the only RBs on the Rams' active roster. Akers was frustrated with his role earlier in the season, and the team tried to deal him before the trade deadline.
- The Rams also waived LB Justin Hollins, who has started five games this season and has a 53.2 PFF grade.
Carolina Panthers will start Sam Darnold at QB this week
- The Panthers are benching Baker Mayfield after he threw two interceptions on Sunday and the offense scored just three points in a loss to Baltimore.
- Darnold will make his first start of the season after he was recently activated off injured reserve. He has missed most of the season due to an ankle injury.
- Darnold started 11 games last season and the team was 4-7 with him under center. He earned a career-low 54.7 PFF grade. He’ll be an unrestricted free agent after this season.
- The Panthers have a bye after this week and head coach Steve Wilks is expected to reassess who will be his starter. PJ Walker, who is recovering from an ankle injury, should be healthy by then.
Cleveland Browns place center Ethan Pocic on IR
- Pocic has been a pleasant surprise for the Browns this season, starting all 10 games, playing every snap and earning an 83.0 PFF grade, second-best among all centers.
- Pocic went down with a knee injury during Sunday’s loss to the Buffalo Bills and will now miss at least the next four games.
- Head coach Kevin Stefanski told reporters that Hjalte Froholdt would be the starting center moving forward until Pocic returns. Froholdt played 73 snaps against Buffalo, earning a 50.0 grade, a 46.3 pass-blocking grade and a 50.1 run-blocking grade.