Philadelphia Eagles TE Dallas Goedert expected to miss some time
- Goedert suffered the injury during the fourth quarter of Monday night’s loss to Washington. It happened on a play in which officials failed to call an obvious face mask penalty on linebacker Jamin Davis. Goedert fumbled the ball and Washington recovered.
- Goedert is second on the team in receiving yards (544) and is tied for second in receiving touchdowns with three. His 77.2 PFF grade and 81.2 receiving grade are both fourth among qualifying tight ends.
- Rookie Grant Calcaterra will likely see an increased role with Goedert out as will second-year tight end Jack Stoll. The Eagles are also expecting Tyree Jackson to return soon from a knee injury.
Los Angeles Rams WR Cooper Kupp will undergo ankle surgery
- The Rams will place Kupp on IR, meaning he’s out for at least four weeks. The surgery usually takes five-to-six weeks to recover, but with the way the Rams season has gone, he might be done for the year.
- Kupp accounted for 35% of the Rams' catches this season, the highest mark by any player. He is second in the league with 75 receptions and 812 yards on the season. His 86.3 PFF grade is fifth among all receivers.
- The Rams dropped to last place in the NFC West with their loss on Sunday. They travel to New Orleans to take on the Saints on Sunday.
Green Bay Packers waive WR/PR Amari Rodgers
- Green Bay traded up to select Rodgers in the third round just last year, but things have simply not panned out.
- He has fumbled five times this season with four coming on punt returns. He wasn’t involved in the passing game, catching just eight balls for 95 yards in 26 games.
- The Packers also released RB Kylin Hill, designated WR Randall Cobb to return from IR and signed Dede Westbrook to their practice squad.
Houston Texans claim former Arizona Cardinals RB Eno Benjamin
- Benjamin was surprisingly waived on Monday, and Houston wasted no time putting in a claim for him. The Texans have the No. 1 priority.
- Benjamin recently started three games for Arizona and has 70 carries for 299 yards and two touchdowns this season. He’s also caught 24 passes for 184 yards. He has a 72.4 PFF grade and 81.9 rushing grade on the year.
- He’ll join a running back room that includes NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate Dameon Pierce in addition to veterans Rex Burkhead and Dare Ogunbowale.
More news and notes around the NFL
- The Chicago Bears placed RB Khalil Herbert on injured reserve due to a hip injury.
- The Tennessee Titans placed CB Caleb Farley on injured reserve due to a neck injury.
- The Titans signed K Josh Lambo to their practice squad with Randy Bullock dealing with a calf injury.
- The Denver Broncos placed OT Billy Turner on IR.