- Bet on New England Patriots RB Damien Harris as a receiver: Harris was used more as a receiver in Week 1 than most weeks late last season and could see more third-down snaps against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Smash the under on Noah Fant’s receiving props: The Seattle Seahawks have used a three-man rotation at tight end, making it hard to trust any of them to see enough receiving production.
- Trust Miami Dolphins starting TE Durham Smythe to catch at least a pass or two: He’s not the primary receiving tight end, but he should see enough pass routes to gain double-digit receiving yards.
- 2022 record: 1-2.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
RB Damien Harris, New England Patriots: Over 8.5 receiving yards (-115)
- Harris ran the second-most routes for the Patriots running backs last week with 10. In that time, he caught both passes thrown his way for 10 yards.
- Harris has averaged 7.8 yards per reception over the last two seasons, making it reasonable for him to gain the necessary yards in one reception.
- He was the only running back other than Ty Montgomery to play on third downs.
- The Patriots didn’t have a two-minute drill in Week 1, which also hurt the number of receptions the running backs had in general.
- Montgomery is now on injured reserve, leaving the third down role wide open.
- He faces a Steelers defense that was average last season in allowing receiving yards to running backs.