- Kenneth Gainwell should have his best game: The Philadelphia Eagles RB should be able to reach over 9.5 receiving yards against the defense that has allowed the most receiving yards to running backs while his teammates are hurting.
- The Seattle Seahawks‘ not-so-secret weapon: The Detroit Lions have a unique defense, which will be well suited for one Seahawks receiver to dominate while the others might not see too many targets.
- 2022 record: 4-5.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
RB Kenneth Gainwell, Philadelphia Eagles: Over 9.5 receiving yards (-115)
- Gainwell hasn’t been used much on early downs, but he’s remained the Eagles' back in clear passing situations.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars’ run defense has a 78.1 team PFF grade, ranking second-best among teams.
- This will make the Eagles' life harder on earlier downs, leading to more third-and-long situations, allowing Gainwell to be on the field.
- Part of Gainwell’s lack of production so far this season is a lack of passing situations. The Eagles have blown out two of their three opponents, allowing them to run late.
- His receiving stats haven’t been as strong as they could be due to a 50% catch rate — the lowest rate among running backs. That will regress to the mean.
- The Jaguars have allowed 201 receiving yards to running backs this season, the most among running backs.
- Both Miles Sanders and Boston Scott are on the Eagles injury report this week, which could lead to even more playing time.