• Smash the over on Adams' reception prop: PFF's player props tool finds value in Las Vegas Raiders WR Davante Adams going over his 6.5-reception prop due to Los Angeles Chargers star CB J.C. Jackson‘s absence.
• Fade St. Brown's receiving yardage prop: Detroit Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown has a below-average matchup, per PFF's WR/CB matchup chart; therefore, it's wise to bet the under on his 58.5 receiving yard prop.
• 2021 record: 32-27.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
RB Dameon Pierce, Houston Texans: Over 10.5 receiving yards (-118)
- Pierce won the starting job throughout training camp, allowing the team to move on from Marlon Mack.
- He will likely play on first and second downs, while Rex Burkhead should play on third downs and two-minute drills.
- Pierce achieved an 84.8 receiving grade in college last season, so he’s capable of catching passes even without the receiving back role.
- The Texans running backs recorded 11 or more receiving yards in 11 of 17 games last year on first and second downs outside of the two-minute drill, including both games against the Indianapolis Colts.
- The Colts' defense allowed 11 or more receiving yards to running backs in 14 of 17 games last year on first and second downs outside of the two-minute drill.
- Both teams are very healthy heading into Week 1, so injuries are unlikely to play a factor in this game.