• Baker Mayfield’s improved play as of late: Tampa Bay’s quarterback has delivered at a high-end level when kept clean in recent weeks which is a positive sign in a favorable matchup against the Carolina Panthers this week.
• Rhamondre Stevenson gets a bump: Increased opportunity and a favorable matchup make Stevenson one of the top running back options this week.
• Dominate your fantasy league in 2023: For up-to-date fantasy draft rankings and projections, check out PFF’s fantasy rankings tool!
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Whether you’re looking for some important tie-breakers in fantasy start/sit decisions or an advantage in DFS, knowing which players have the most and least beneficial matchups each week can help.
Understanding which teams have the advantage in the trenches can be a key to weekly fantasy football results. These are some of the more crucial matchups to be aware of as fantasy managers head into Week 13.
Click here to see this week’s entire offensive line/defensive line matchup tool on PFF.com.
Offensive line matchups to target
- The Buccaneers offensive line has earned a 72.7 pass-blocking grade — a top-10 mark this season.
- Carolina’s defensive line has earned just a 66.8 pass-rush grade that ranks 24th this season.
- The Panthers defensive line has generated a 25.1% pressure rate, which ranks 29th.
- Carolina’s defensive line has generated just 87 total pressures this season — the fewest in the entire league.
Key player(s) to target
- Mayfield’s current passing yards prop is set at 233.5 on DraftKings Sportsbook, which he has finished below just once in the past six games.
- In that same span of the past six weeks, Mayfield has thrown for the fourth-most passing yards from a clean pocket (1,166).
- Mayfield has also thrown for seven touchdowns from a clean pocket from Weeks 7-12, which is tied for the fifth-most in that span.
- Mayfield shouldn’t be expected to be under much pressure this week against the Panthers and with six teams on a bye week, he could be a strong streaming option this week.