- Add James Cook: The Buffalo Bills rookie has outperformed veteran Devin Singletary all season and is finally starting to see more touches.
- Drop James Robinson: The New York Jets RB has fallen to fourth on the team's depth chart, and there is little reason to believe he will move up enough spots in the next month to make him a fantasy starter.
- 10 Dynasty Trades: The five to sell high and buy low this week focus on NFL players who are not free agents but could see a different role in 2023.
Estimated reading time: 14 minutes
This piece is a fantasy manager's one-stop shop for managing their fantasy roster early in the week. For more players to add, check out the weekly waiver wire, and for more on this past week's games in general, check out the fantasy football recap.
5 PLAYERS TO ADD
1. RB James Cook, Buffalo Bills
The Bills used much more of a running back rotation this week compared to weeks past.
- Devin Singletary started their Thursday Night game, but Cook finished with more carries, rushing yards, receptions and receiving yards.
- Cook has a higher PFF rushing, receiving and pass-blocking grade this season, so it isn’t surprising that he is getting more opportunities.
- Three of the Bills' next four opponents are in the league's top half at preventing fantasy points to running backs.
- It might not be safe to trust Cook next week in case this game plan was a one-time thing, but if he keeps this role, he could be safe to start in the fantasy playoffs.
2. WR Darius Slayton, New York Giants
Slayton caught six passes for 90 yards in the Giants' tie with the Washington Commanders.
- It was his fifth straight game over 60 receiving yards.
- He’s gained 400 receiving yards since Week 8 despite the Giants having their bye week in that time.
- His playing time has constantly risen since the start of the season and now has reached heights he never hit in 2021.
- The Giants have the worst schedule for wide receivers over these next four weeks, but it’s also near-impossible to find a No. 1 wide receiver on a winning football team available off the waiver wire this late in the season.
3. QB Jared Goff, Detroit Lions
Goff threw for 340 yards and two touchdowns in the Lions' blowout victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Goff ranks seventh on the season in passing yards and is one of seven with over 3,000 yards on the season already.
- His 19 passing touchdowns rank 10th.
- He’s accomplished this despite his receivers dealing with injuries throughout the season. Nonetheless, for the first time in 2022, the top four wideouts on the Lions' depth chart are healthy.
- The Lions have the seventh-best schedule for fantasy quarterbacks over the next four weeks.
- They play the Minnesota Vikings next week. Minnesota has allowed the fifth-most fantasy points to quarterbacks partially because teams need to throw so much against them.