• Don’t forget about Raheem Mostert: Mostert played on Thursday Night Football, which might seem like a long time ago, but he appears to be the top guy in Miami going forward.
• Romeo Doubs‘ stock keeps rising: The Packers rookie is now a full-time starter, and he scored another touchdown in Week 4.
Estimated Reading Time: 21 mins
Another week of the 2022 NFL season is just about in the books. Here are the players you should be targeting in your fantasy football leagues ahead of Week 5, including targets in smaller leagues and deeper leagues, as well as players to avoid.
Jump to a position group:
Jared Goff, Detroit Lions (Rostered in 44.1% of leagues on ESPN)
Goff completed 26-of-39 passes for 378 yards, four touchdowns and one interception in the Lions’ shootout loss to the Seahawks.
- He did this despite not having his top running back or his top two wide receivers, his third wide receiver not being at 100% and losing one of his replacement wide receivers mid-game.
- Goff has been at least a top-20 fantasy quarterback every week this season.
- He joins Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes as the only quarterbacks with 1,100-plus passing yards and double-digit touchdowns this season.
- He is a matchup-dependent fantasy starter at this point.
Geno Smith, Seattle Seahawks (14.6%)
Smith racked up 320 passing yards and two passing touchdowns while adding 49 rushing yards and a touchdown on the ground in the Seahawks' victory over the Lions.
- He also achieved a top-seven fantasy finish last week.
- His 645 passing yards over the past two weeks are third-most in the league.
- His 71.7 PFF passing grade prior to this game was eighth-best for a quarterback heading into Week 4.
- Smith hasn’t been much of a rusher at this point of his career, but he is one of 10 quarterbacks with over 50 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown this season.
- It’s hard to imagine he remains a top-12 fantasy quarterback going forward, but he can at least be a fill-in during a bye week if the matchup is right.