• Start Trevor Lawrence: Lawrence has been a consistent fantasy starter over the middle of the season, and he has a great matchup against the Lions' defense.
• Sit Devin Singletary: Singletary has been one of the least efficient starting running backs and facing a Patriots defense that will make the situation even worse.
• Start Foster Moreau: The Raiders tight end has been a worthy fantasy starter recently and is facing a Chargers defense that has allowed plenty of yards to the position this season.
Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Deciding who to start or sit can be as easy as looking at the PFF rankings and starting the player ranked higher. This start’em, sit’em column goes a step further, looking into why someone you might typically start might not have a good week, or why someone overlooked might have a good week. In many cases, it’s the usual starters who should star, but we want to explore the borderline players, too.
- Lawrence has finished among the top 10 fantasy quarterbacks in five of his past six games.
- The Jaguars have the fifth-best matchup for quarterbacks this week, according to PFF's strength of schedule tool.
- They face the Lions, who have allowed the most fantasy points to quarterbacks this season, with an average more than three points worse than any other team.
- The Jaguars’ offensive line has the biggest edge over the Lions’ defensive line in the passing game among all matchups this week, according to PFF's offensive line/defensive line matchup chart.
- The Lions have the second-lowest rate of perfectly covered plays this season.
- Prescott has finished as a top-10 fantasy quarterback in three of his past four games.
- His 0.53 fantasy points per dropback ties him for ninth among quarterbacks this season.
- The Colts have been good at slowing down quarterbacks this season, but they’ve also faced only two with a PFF passing grade above 72.0 this season.
- Indianapolis has the fifth-lowest PFF team pass-rush grade.
- Prescott is averaging 8.1 yards per attempt without pressure and 6.7 with pressure this season.
- Brady has stayed outside of the top 12 among fantasy quarterbacks in each of his past six games.
- His 0.36 fantasy points per dropback ties him for seventh-worst among quarterbacks this season. Five of the six below him have been benched at some point this season.
- Brady has yet to earn an 80.0-plus PFF passing grade in a game this season. He accomplished that eight times in 2021.
- The Buccaneers have the fifth-worst matchup for quarterbacks this week, according to PFF's strength of schedule tool.
- Tampa Bay is the favorite on Monday Night despite the poor play on offense, which could lead the Buccaneers to run the ball frequently.
- Cousins has scored the 17th-most fantasy points among quarterbacks in the past three weeks despite having the fifth-most passing attempts in that time.
- His 7.4-yard average depth of target is the fifth-lowest among current starting quarterbacks.
- The Vikings face the Jets, who have allowed the eighth-fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks this season.
- New York has by far the highest team coverage grade this season (89.7) and the fourth-best pass-rush grade (80.6).
- Cousins sports a 77.0 PFF pass grade without pressure and a 57.8 mark when facing pressure.
- Patterson is averaging 5.2 yards per carry, which is seventh-best for running backs with at least 75 carries this season.
- The Falcons' offensive line has the biggest edge over the Steelers' defensive line in the run game among all matchups this week, according to PFF's offensive line/defensive line matchup chart.
- Three of the past five teams to face Pittsburgh have gained 110 yards or more from their running backs.
- Patterson’s playing time has slowly but surely been on the rise since he returned from injury.