- Identify a Herbert replacement: Los Angeles Chargers QB Justin Herbert (ribs) appears to be on the wrong side of questionable
- White could have Week 3 viability: Las Vegas Raiders RB Josh Jacobs (illness) is questionable, so there’s a chance rookie Zamir White could have an elevated role.
- Exercise caution with Bucs in Week 3: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers‘ passing game as a whole is all kinds of banged up at the moment
Estimated reading time: 13 minutes
- Los Angeles Chargers QB Justin Herbert (ribs) is officially questionable but didn’t take first-team reps on Friday. The spread has moved from Chargers -7 to -3 on Friday afternoon — all indications seem to be pointing toward Chase Daniel working under center. This is horrific news for everyone involved. Downgrades are warranted across the board. Austin Ekeler and Mike Williams are the only Chargers who need to be in starting fantasy lineups.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Tom Brady (ring finger on right hand) doesn’t carry an injury designation, but this new issue, combined with the entire wide receive room being all kinds of banged up, makes Brady someone that doesn’t need to be in starting lineups this week. He has “banged up” ring finger on his right hand.
- Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson (right elbow) briefly terrified all of Twitter, but he’s fine and expected to be his typical magical self ahead of Week 3’s matchup against the New England Patriots.
- Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott (right thumb) is expected to miss four-to-eight weeks depending on if you ask owner Jerry Jones or a medical professional. Cooper Rush will start in his absence and likely lead anyone’s idea of a bad offense.
- New Orleans Saints QB Jameis Winston (back, questionable) is expected to continue to play through the pain and remains a boom-or-bust QB2 type.
- New York Jets QB Zach Wilson (knee) is supposed to be out until Week 4. Joe Flacco remains under center.