It’s Wednesday and that means it’s time to break out the flex fantasy football rankings for Week 9 of the 2019 NFL season. If you’re new to the concept of flex rankings, these are simply the combined overall rankings for running back, wide receiver, and tight end for each week during the fantasy football season.
This list is our initial rankings, but it will change a lot throughout the week. If you want all of the latest updates, then be sure to check our staff rankings page.
1. Dalvin Cook, MIN @ KC (RB1) — No one has more 100-yard rushing games this season. Cook also draws an extremely favorable matchup.
2. Christian McCaffrey, CAR vs TEN (RB2) — Apparently the Bucs are the only team who has cracked to code to stopping McCaffrey.
3. Ezekiel Elliott, DAL @ NYG (RB3) — Volume plus a favorable matchup equals an elite fantasy option.
4. Saquon Barkley, NYG vs DAL (RB4) — Barkley is showing no signs of rust over the last two weeks an remains a top fantasy play.
5. Aaron Jones, GB @ LAC (RB5) — Don't overthink it. Jones has major fantasy juice and is knocking on the door of elite fantasy territory.
6. Nick Chubb, CLE @ DEN (RB6) — It's the last hurrah for Chubb without Kareem Hunt. This is a tough matchup, but Chubb is locked in as an RB1 play.
7. Leonard Fournette, JAC vs HOU (RB7) — Sure, he was a disappointment last season, but Fournette has been one of the most consistent fantasy producers this year.
8. Le'Veon Bell, NYJ @ MIA (RB8) — Bell has been lackluster at best this season, but it's tough to pass on this matchup.
9. Tevin Coleman, SF @ ARI (RB9) — Coleman was a monster last week and should see a big workload with Matt Breida banged up.
10. DeAndre Hopkins, HOU @ JAC (WR1) — This used to be a tough matchup, but with no shadow from Jalen Ramsey, Hopkins is this week's top wideout option.
11. Josh Jacobs, OAK vs DET (RB10) — The rookie continues to be heavily used and gets a plus draw this week.
12. Amari Cooper, DAL @ NYG (WR2) — Cooper gets a fantasy cheat code against the porous Giants secondary.
13. Chris Godwin, TB @ SEA (WR3) — Yes, he's coming off a down week, but don't let that cause you to sit him. Godwin is still a borderline elite fantasy play.
14. Derrick Henry, TEN @ CAR (RB11) — It hasn't been sexy, but Henry has put up consistent front-end RB2 numbers this season.
15. Tyler Lockett, SEA vs TB (WR4) — Lockett gets a nice matchup boost against the suspect Bucs secondary.
16. Kenny Golladay, DET @ OAK (WR5) — After a down game in Week 7, Golladay bounced back in a big way and continues to roll this week.
17. Chris Carson, SEA vs TB (RB12) — This is a rough matchup, but Carson will see plenty of work this week.
18. Mike Evans, TB @ SEA (WR6) — Evans showed us last week that he can be a fantasy monster any given week.
19. Tyreek Hill, KC vs MIN (WR7) — It doesn't look like Patrick Mahomes will be back this week, but Hill is still in play as a WR1 option.
20. Julian Edelman, NE @ BAL (WR8) — Only Michael Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, and Cooper Kupp have more catches than Edelman.
21. Stefon Diggs, MIN @ KC (WR9) — He got off to a sluggish start to the season, but Diggs is second among wideouts in fantasy scoring over the last month.
22. Austin Ekeler, LAC vs GB (RB13) — While his role has reduced in the run game since Melvin Gordon returned, Ekeler is still putting up fantasy points as a receiver.
23. Marlon Mack, IND @ PIT (RB14) — The Steelers are a tough matchup, but Mack should still see enough work to be a front-end RB2.
24. D.J. Chark, JAC vs HOU (WR10) — Who would have though Chark would be a top-five fantasy wide receiver over the first half of the season?
25. Phillip Lindsay, DEN vs CLE (RB15) — There's still a full-blown committee in the Denver backfield, but Lindsay remains an every-week RB2-plus play.
26. George Kittle, SF @ ARI (TE1) — Tight end stinks this year, but Kittle is one of the few who you can trust.
27. Adam Thielen, MIN @ KC (WR11) — While we do prefer Diggs this week, Thielen is still a top-12 fantasy wideout with this favorable matchup on tap.
28. T.Y. Hilton, IND @ PIT (WR12) — Don't hold last week against Hilton. He's still a fringe-WR1.
29. Melvin Gordon, LAC vs GB (RB16) — It wasn't the best fantasy outing, but Gordon at least found the end zone last week.
30. Keenan Allen, LAC vs GB (WR13) — Despite being banged up, Allen has seen double-digit targets in each of the last two weeks.
31. Allen Robinson, CHI @ PHI (WR14)
32. John Brown, BUF vs WAS (WR15)
33. Mark Ingram, BAL vs NE (RB17)
34. Darren Waller, OAK vs DET (TE2)
35. JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT vs IND (WR16)
36. Travis Kelce, KC vs MIN (TE3)
37. Odell Beckham Jr., CLE @ DEN (WR17)
38. Tyrell Williams, OAK vs DET (WR18)
39. Sony Michel, NE @ BAL (RB18)
40. David Montgomery, CHI @ PHI (RB19) — Montgomery finally broke out last week, but he draws a rough matchup against the Eagles.
41. Courtland Sutton, DEN vs CLE (WR19)
42. Adrian Peterson, WAS @ BUF (RB20)
43. Royce Freeman, DEN vs CLE (RB21)
44. Hunter Henry, LAC vs GB (TE4)
45. Michael Gallup, DAL @ NYG (WR20)
46. Carlos Hyde, HOU @ JAC (RB22)
47. Marvin Jones, DET @ OAK (WR21)
48. D.K. Metcalf, SEA vs TB (WR22) — Metcalf sneaks into the back end of the WR2s with this plus matchup.
49. Evan Engram, NYG vs DAL (TE5)
50. Mark Andrews, BAL vs NE (TE6)
51. James White, NE @ BAL (RB23)
52. Terry McLaurin, WAS @ BUF (WR23)
53. Zach Ertz, PHI vs CHI (TE7)
54. Golden Tate, NYG vs DAL (WR24)
55. Alshon Jeffery, PHI vs CHI (WR25)
56. Christian Kirk, ARI vs SF (WR26) — Kirk slid right back into his role as the Cards top target last week, but don't underestimate this 49ers secondary.
57. Jordan Howard, PHI vs CHI (RB24)
58. James Conner, PIT vs IND (RB25)
59. Mike Williams, LAC vs GB (WR27)
60. Curtis Samuel, CAR vs TEN (WR28)
61. Kenny Stills, HOU @ JAC (WR29)
62. D.J. Moore, CAR vs TEN (WR30)
63. Mark Walton, MIA vs NYJ (RB26)
64. Robby Anderson, NYJ @ MIA (WR31)
65. Emmanuel Sanders, SF @ ARI (WR32)
66. LeSean McCoy, KC vs MIN (RB27)
67. Miles Sanders, PHI vs CHI (RB28) — Yes, Sanders broke out last week, but keep in mind that he only saw six touches.
68. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI vs SF (WR33)
69. Corey Davis, TEN @ CAR (WR34)
70. Devin Singletary, BUF vs WAS (RB29)
71. Davante Adams, GB @ LAC (WR35)
72. Dede Westbrook, JAC vs HOU (WR36)
73. Jamison Crowder, NYJ @ MIA (WR37)
74. Frank Gore, BUF vs WAS (RB30)
75. Jamaal Williams, GB @ LAC (RB31)
76. A.J. Brown, TEN @ CAR (WR38)
77. Kenyan Drake, ARI vs SF (RB32) — Drake should see his share of the work Thursday night, but he's an extremely volatile play.
78. Jarvis Landry, CLE @ DEN (WR39)
79. DeVante Parker, MIA vs NYJ (WR40)
80. Preston Williams, MIA vs NYJ (WR41)
81. Sammy Watkins, KC vs MIN (WR42)
82. Greg Olsen, CAR vs TEN (TE8)
83. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB @ LAC (WR43)
84. Diontae Johnson, PIT vs IND (WR44) — The rookie wideout is trending up after an impressive outing last week.
85. Damien Williams, KC vs MIN (RB33)
86. Ronald Jones II, TB @ SEA (RB34)
87. Tarik Cohen, CHI @ PHI (RB35)
88. Ty Johnson, DET @ OAK (RB36)
89. Marquise Brown, BAL vs NE (WR45)
90. Peyton Barber, TB @ SEA (RB37)
91. Chris Conley, JAC vs HOU (WR46)
92. Alexander Mattison, MIN @ KC (RB38) — You can't start Mattison just yet, but he's a must-stash in all formats.
93. Demaryius Thomas, NYJ @ MIA (WR47)
94. Mohamed Sanu, NE @ BAL (WR48)
95. Phillip Dorsett, NE @ BAL (WR49)
96. Cole Beasley, BUF vs WAS (WR50)
97. Raheem Mostert, SF @ ARI (RB39)
98. Danny Amendola, DET @ OAK (WR51)
99. T.J. Hockenson, DET @ OAK (TE9)
100. Jonnu Smith, TEN @ CAR (TE10)
101. Darius Slayton, NYG vs DAL (WR52)
102. Jaylen Samuels, PIT vs IND (RB40)
103. Tra Carson, DET @ OAK (RB41) — Carson was heavily involved in the Lions' run game last week, but he isn't worth fantasy consideration.
104. Anthony Miller, CHI @ PHI (WR53)
105. Zach Pascal, IND @ PIT (WR54)
106. Geronimo Allison, GB @ LAC (WR55)
107. Adam Humphries, TEN @ CAR (WR56)
108. Eric Ebron, IND @ PIT (TE11)
109. Dallas Goedert, PHI vs CHI (TE12)
110. Deebo Samuel, SF @ ARI (WR57)
111. Duke Johnson, HOU @ JAC (RB42)
112. Randall Cobb, DAL @ NYG (WR58)
113. Jimmy Graham, GB @ LAC (TE13)
114. Darren Fells, HOU @ JAC (TE14) — Fells is trending up, but don't get too carried away. He's far from a safe fantasy option.
115. Nelson Agholor, PHI vs CHI (WR59)
116. Mecole Hardman, KC vs MIN (WR60)
117. Nyheim Hines, IND @ PIT (RB43)
118. Cameron Brate, TB @ SEA (TE15)
119. Allen Lazard, GB @ LAC (WR61)
120. Vance McDonald, PIT vs IND (TE16)
121. Jason Witten, DAL @ NYG (TE17)
122. DeAndre Washington, OAK vs DET (RB44)
123. Jack Doyle, IND @ PIT (TE18)
124. Taylor Gabriel, CHI @ PHI (WR62)
125. Kyle Rudolph, MIN @ KC (TE19)
126. DaeSean Hamilton, DEN vs CLE (WR63) — The Emmanuel Sanders trade has opened the door for Hamilton, but the Broncos shaky quarterback situation puts a big damper on his fantasy outlook.
127. Hunter Renfrow, OAK vs DET (WR64)
128. Dante Pettis, SF @ ARI (WR65)
129. Jaron Brown, SEA vs TB (WR66)
130. Noah Fant, DEN vs CLE (TE20)
131. Demarcus Robinson, KC vs MIN (WR67)
132. Willie Snead, BAL vs NE (WR68)
133. Kalen Ballage, MIA vs NYJ (RB45)
134. Zach Zenner, ARI vs SF (RB46)
135. Rashaad Penny, SEA vs TB (RB47)
136. Dawson Knox, BUF vs WAS (TE21)
137. Irv Smith Jr., MIN @ KC (TE22)
138. J.D. McKissic, DET @ OAK (RB48)
139. Dare Ogunbowale, TB @ SEA (RB49)
140. Jeff Wilson, SF @ ARI (RB50)
141. Paul Richardson, WAS @ BUF (WR69)
142. Damiere Byrd, ARI vs SF (WR70)
143. Benjamin Watson, NE @ BAL (TE23)
144. Rex Burkhead, NE @ BAL (RB51)
145. Jordan Akins, HOU @ JAC (TE24)
146. Mike Gesicki, MIA vs NYJ (TE25)
147. Olabisi Johnson, MIN @ KC (WR71)
148. Keke Coutee, HOU @ JAC (WR72)
149. Trey Burton, CHI @ PHI (TE26)
150. Jacob Hollister, SEA vs TB (TE27)