It’s Wednesday, and that means it’s time to break out the flex fantasy football rankings for Week 16 of the 2019 NFL season. If you’re new to the concept of flex rankings, these are simply the combined overall rankings for running back, wide receiver, and tight end for each week during the fantasy football season.
This list is our initial rankings, but it will change a lot throughout the week. If you want all of the latest updates, then be sure to check our staff rankings page. You can also check your players in our fantasy football projections and be sure to see who has the best matchups with our fantasy football matchup charts.
1. Christian McCaffrey, CAR @ IND (RB1) — Another day, another dollar for McCaffrey.
2. Chris Carson, SEA vs ARI (RB2) — Yep. After last week's performance and given this week's matchup, Carson is an elite play for the fantasy championship round.
3. Ezekiel Elliott, DAL @ PHI (RB3) — It may not be the most efficient day for Elliott, but expect him to see heavy volume in this showdown for the NFC East title.
4. Michael Thomas, NO @ TEN (WR1) — Does he set the record this week?
5. Saquon Barkley, NYG @ WAS (RB4) — It's likely too little, too late from Barkley. But he's coming off his best fantasy performance of the season and gets another great matchup
6. Joe Mixon, CIN @ MIA (RB5) — Since Week 10, Mixon is the No. 4 fantasy running back.
7. Derrick Henry, TEN vs NO (RB6) — Sure, Henry didn't deliver big fantasy points last week, but he did rack up 21 carries. Volume is king in fantasy.
8. Leonard Fournette, JAC @ ATL (RB7) — Speaking of volume, keep going back to the well with Fournette.
9. Julio Jones, ATL vs JAC (WR2) — Jones had a quintessential performance last week and is locked in as an elite play.
10. DeAndre Hopkins, HOU @ TB (WR3) — Hopkins is rolling through the second half of the season and draws a juicy matchup.
11. Mark Ingram, BAL @ CLE (RB8) — He may not see a ton of volume, but Ingram is extremely efficient and is in play as an RB1 option this week.
12. Alvin Kamara, NO @ TEN (RB9) — Kamara hasn't produced big numbers in the fantasy playoffs, but his explosive ability keeps him in the RB1 conversation.
13. Melvin Gordon, LAC vs OAK (RB10) — Look for Gordon to bounce back and see a heavy workload against the Raiders this week.
14. Tyreek Hill, KC @ CHI (WR4) — Even in the snow last week, Hill was still a monster.
15. Nick Chubb, CLE vs BAL (RB11) — This is far from an optimal matchup, but Chubb's heavy volume keeps him on the edge of RB1 territory.
16. Marlon Mack, IND vs CAR (RB12) — Mack was a massive disappointment last week, but he draws the fantasy cheat code matchup against the Panthers.
17. Miles Sanders, PHI vs DAL (RB13) — The rookie was a beast last week and will continue to see ample touches with the Eagles extremely thin on the offensive side of the ball.
18. Aaron Jones, GB @ MIN (RB14) — Jones has rewarded us over the last two weeks and remains a fringe-RB1 option with touchdown upside.
19. Todd Gurley, LAR @ SF (RB15) — Sure, Gurley got in the end zone twice last week, but his yardage efficiency was ugly. So is this matchup.
20. Phillip Lindsay, DEN vs DET (RB16) — Snow slowed Lindsay last week, but he remains an RB2 play.
21. Austin Ekeler, LAC vs OAK (RB17) — Keep firing up Ekeler as an RB2 given his ability in the passing game.
22. Kenyan Drake, ARI @ SEA (RB18) — He put up one of the biggest fantasy performances of the season last week, but Drake's volatility keeps him in RB2 territory.
23. George Kittle, SF vs LAR (TE1) — We're witnessing a budding superstar in Kittle.
24. Davante Adams, GB @ MIN (WR5) — Adams has 50 targets over the last six weeks and is coming off a big performance last week.
25. Mike Boone, MIN vs GB (RB19) — With Dalvin Cook and Alexander Mattison banged up, Boone could be an unlikely fantasy hero. Stay tuned.
26. Travis Kelce, KC @ CHI (TE2) — Kelce is on his way to finishing as the No. 1 fantasy tight end yet again this season.
27. Josh Jacobs, OAK @ LAC (RB20) — The Raiders don't really have a need to play Jacobs, so keep an eye on his status this week.
28. James Conner, PIT @ NYJ (RB21) — Given the committee situation in Pittsburgh, it's tough to trust Conner as anything more than an RB2.
29. Devonta Freeman, ATL vs JAC (RB22) — This is a plus matchup for Freeman, but the veteran's lackluster fantasy production makes him more of an RB2 play.
30. Zach Ertz, PHI vs DAL (TE3) — With the Eagles decimated at receiver, look for Ertz to see another massive workload this week.
31. Le'Veon Bell, NYJ vs PIT (RB23)
32. DeVante Parker, MIA vs CIN (WR6)
33. Allen Robinson, CHI vs KC (WR7)
34. Amari Cooper, DAL @ PHI (WR8)
35. D.J. Moore, CAR @ IND (WR9)
36. Keenan Allen, LAC vs OAK (WR10)
37. A.J. Brown, TEN vs NO (WR11)
38. Raheem Mostert, SF vs LAR (RB24)
39. Julian Edelman, NE vs BUF (WR12)
40. Tyler Higbee, LAR @ SF (TE4) — He's the No. 1 fantasy tight end over the last three weeks with back-to-back-to-back 100-yard games.
© Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports
41. Courtland Sutton, DEN vs DET (WR13)
42. Stefon Diggs, MIN vs GB (WR14)
43. Tyler Lockett, SEA vs ARI (WR15)
44. Terry McLaurin, WAS vs NYG (WR16)
45. Kenny Golladay, DET @ DEN (WR17)
46. Adrian Peterson, WAS vs NYG (RB25)
47. Robert Woods, LAR @ SF (WR18)
48. Breshad Perriman, TB vs HOU (WR19) — With Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Scotty Miller all injured, Perriman could be an unlikely league winner.
49. David Montgomery, CHI vs KC (RB26)
50. Adam Thielen, MIN vs GB (WR20)
51. Devin Singletary, BUF @ NE (RB27)
52. James White, NE vs BUF (RB28)
53. Cooper Kupp, LAR @ SF (WR21)
54. D.K. Metcalf, SEA vs ARI (WR22)
55. Kareem Hunt, CLE vs BAL (RB29)
56. Kerryon Johnson, DET @ DEN (RB30) — Keep an eye on what the Lions do this week. There's a very real chance Johnson plays.
57. Tyler Boyd, CIN @ MIA (WR23)
58. Anthony Miller, CHI vs KC (WR24)
59. Christian Kirk, ARI @ SEA (WR25)
60. Mike Williams, LAC vs OAK (WR26)
61. Jarvis Landry, CLE vs BAL (WR27)
62. Will Fuller, HOU @ TB (WR28)
63. Emmanuel Sanders, SF vs LAR (WR29)
64. Michael Gallup, DAL @ PHI (WR30)
65. Darius Slayton, NYG @ WAS (WR31)
66. Sony Michel, NE vs BUF (RB31)
67. Mark Andrews, BAL @ CLE (TE5)
68. Marquise Brown, BAL @ CLE (WR32)
69. Darren Waller, OAK @ LAC (TE6)
70. Hunter Henry, LAC vs OAK (TE7)
71. Sterling Shepard, NYG @ WAS (WR33)
72. Deebo Samuel, SF vs LAR (WR34)
73. Austin Hooper, ATL vs JAC (TE8)
74. Odell Beckham Jr., CLE vs BAL (WR35) — How the mighty have fallen. Given how Beckham has performed this season, it's very tough to trust him in this matchup.
75. Patrick Laird, MIA vs CIN (RB32)
76. Robby Anderson, NYJ vs PIT (WR36)
77. Chris Conley, JAC @ ATL (WR37)
78. Carlos Hyde, HOU @ TB (RB33)
79. T.Y. Hilton, IND vs CAR (WR38)
80. John Brown, BUF @ NE (WR39)
81. Jared Cook, NO @ TEN (TE9)
82. Ronald Jones II, TB vs HOU (RB34) — The Bucs are going to get their running backs more involved this week, but Jones remains an extremely risky start.
83. James Washington, PIT @ NYJ (WR40)
84. Curtis Samuel, CAR @ IND (WR41)
85. Jamison Crowder, NYJ vs PIT (WR42)
86. Boston Scott, PHI vs DAL (RB35)
87. Jacob Hollister, SEA vs ARI (TE10)
88. Justin Watson, TB vs HOU (WR43)
89. Dede Westbrook, JAC @ ATL (WR44)
90. Golden Tate, NYG @ WAS (WR45)
91. Tyrell Williams, OAK @ LAC (WR46)
92. O.J. Howard, TB vs HOU (TE11) — Howard has the chance to redeem himself for a disappointing fantasy season.
93. Jack Doyle, IND vs CAR (TE12)
94. Zach Pascal, IND vs CAR (WR47)
95. Danny Amendola, DET @ DEN (WR48)
96. Diontae Johnson, PIT @ NYJ (WR49)
97. Kenny Stills, HOU @ TB (WR50)
98. Dallas Goedert, PHI vs DAL (TE13)
99. Tarik Cohen, CHI vs KC (RB36)
100. Bo Scarbrough, DET @ DEN (RB37)
101. Cole Beasley, BUF @ NE (WR51)
102. Royce Freeman, DEN vs DET (RB38)
103. Greg Ward, PHI vs DAL (WR52) — If you're desperate at wideout, Ward should see another full workload this week.
104. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI @ SEA (WR53)
105. Jamaal Williams, GB @ MIN (RB39)
106. Russell Gage, ATL vs JAC (WR54)
107. Sammy Watkins, KC @ CHI (WR55)
108. Latavius Murray, NO @ TEN (RB40)
109. Noah Fant, DEN vs DET (TE14)
110. Ian Thomas, CAR @ IND (TE15)
111. Duke Johnson, HOU @ TB (RB41)
112. LeSean McCoy, KC @ CHI (RB42)
113. Mike Gesicki, MIA vs CIN (TE16)
114. John Ross, CIN @ MIA (WR56)
© Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports
115. Steven Sims, WAS vs NYG (WR57) — Sims saw double-digit targets last week, but he's nothing more than a Hail Mary option.
116. Randall Cobb, DAL @ PHI (WR58)
117. Peyton Barber, TB vs HOU (RB43)
118. Kyle Rudolph, MIN vs GB (TE17)
119. Jonnu Smith, TEN vs NO (TE18)
120. Allen Lazard, GB @ MIN (WR59)
121. Corey Davis, TEN vs NO (WR60)
122. Keelan Cole, JAC @ ATL (WR61)
123. Matt Breida, SF vs LAR (RB44)
124. Jason Witten, DAL @ PHI (TE19)
125. Ty Johnson, DET @ DEN (RB45)
126. Chris Thompson, WAS vs NYG (RB46)
127. Allen Hurns, MIA vs CIN (WR62)
128. Albert Wilson, MIA vs CIN (WR63)
129. Brandin Cooks, LAR @ SF (WR64)
130. Darren Fells, HOU @ TB (TE20)
131. Alex Erickson, CIN @ MIA (WR65)
132. Tyler Eifert, CIN @ MIA (TE21)
133. Cameron Brate, TB vs HOU (TE22)
134. Nyheim Hines, IND vs CAR (RB47)
135. Marcus Johnson, IND vs CAR (WR66)
136. Kendrick Bourne, SF vs LAR (WR67)
137. Jimmy Graham, GB @ MIN (TE23)
138. Ameer Abdullah, MIN vs GB (RB48)
139. Myles Gaskin, MIA vs CIN (RB49)
140. Hunter Renfrow, OAK @ LAC (WR68)
141. David Johnson, ARI @ SEA (RB50) — The No. 5 pick in most fantasy drafts this year is unstartable in Week 16. Fantasy football can be a cruel game.
142. Darwin Thompson, KC @ CHI (RB51)
143. Gus Edwards, BAL @ CLE (RB52)
144. N'Keal Harry, NE vs BUF (WR69)
145. Kaden Smith, NYG @ WAS (TE24)
146. C.J. Prosise, SEA vs ARI (RB53)
147. Rex Burkhead, NE vs BUF (RB54)
148. Mecole Hardman, KC @ CHI (WR70)
149. DeAndre Washington, OAK @ LAC (RB55)
150. Jordan Akins, HOU @ TB (TE25)