It’s Wednesday and that means it’s time to breakout the flex fantasy football rankings for Week 12 of the 2019 NFL season. If you’re new to the concept of flex rankings, these are simply the combined overall rankings for running back, wide receiver, and tight end for each week during the fantasy football season.
This list is our initial rankings, but it will change a lot throughout the week. If you want all of the latest updates, then be sure to check our staff rankings page.
1. Alvin Kamara, NO vs CAR (RB1) — Over the last month, the Panthers have surrendered 126 rushing yards and a massive 2.3 rushing touchdowns per game to running backs.
2. Christian McCaffrey, CAR @ NO (RB2) — He has the highest floor of any fantasy running back and can get it done for fantasy even when his team is struggling.
3. Nick Chubb, CLE vs MIA (RB3) — Kareem Hunt's return hasn't affected Chubb's workload one bit. He's an upgrade this week against the Dolphins.
4. Julio Jones, ATL vs TB (WR1) — Jones hasn't quite been an elite fantasy option, but he's still put up WR1 numbers and gets a fantastic matchup this week.
5. Michael Thomas, NO vs CAR (WR2) — He'll top the 100-catch mark this week and remains locked in as an elite fantasy option.
6. Mike Evans, TB @ ATL (WR3) — If you like wide receivers, this is the game for you. Evans has one of the highest fantasy ceilings of any player in the NFL.
7. Josh Jacobs, OAK @ NYJ (RB4) — The rookie is getting fed. Jacobs is a borderline elite running back play this week.
8. Saquon Barkley, NYG @ CHI (RB5) — The Giants' running back was obviously still not back to 100% before the bye, but he remains an every-week play.
9. Derrick Henry, TEN vs JAC (RB6) — Tennessee is feeding Henry and he faces a Jags team that surrendered over 200 rushing yards to the Colts last week.
10. Aaron Jones, GB @ SF (RB7) — This is a tough matchup, but Jones is still in play as an RB1 option given his red zone usage.
11. Leonard Fournette, JAC @ TEN (RB8) — Doug Marrone talked publicly about not getting Fournette enough touches last week. Expect that to change in Week 12.
12. Ezekiel Elliott, DAL @ NE (RB9) — There's no way around it. This is a brutal matchup for Elliott.
13. DeAndre Hopkins, HOU vs IND (WR4) — Hopkins may not be putting up the most consistent fantasy numbers, but he enters the week as one of just three wideouts with over 100 targets on the season.
14. Le'Veon Bell, NYJ vs OAK (RB10) — He isn't spectacular, but Bell is seeing enough volume to put up back-end RB1 numbers.
15. Chris Carson, SEA @ PHI (RB11) — Carson gets a rough draw this week, but should see enough work to produce top 12 fantasy numbers among running backs.
16. Chris Godwin, TB @ ATL (WR5) — Godwin has cooled after his hot start to the season, but he's still a high-upside WR1 play.
17. Todd Gurley, LAR vs BAL (RB12) — We finally got a heavy volume day for Gurley last week. Fingers crossed we see another healthy workload.
18. D.J. Chark, JAC @ TEN (WR6) — Chark didn't skip a beat with Nick Foles under center last week.
19. Calvin Ridley, ATL vs TB (WR7) — Matt Ryan looked Ridley's way plenty last week. Expect that to continue in this plus matchup.
20. Odell Beckham Jr., CLE vs MIA (WR8) — Finally! A week where we can start Beckham as a WR1 play.
21. Davante Adams, GB @ SF (WR9) — There's no denying how good the 49ers are in the secondary, but Adams is seeing heavy volume for Aaron Rodgers.
22. Tevin Coleman, SF vs GB (RB13) — With Matt Breida still banged up, Coleman remains a front-end RB2 play.
23. Tyler Lockett, SEA @ PHI (WR10) — Lockett should be good to go this week after getting a week to rest.
24. Cooper Kupp, LAR vs BAL (WR11) — The Rams wideout has faded a bit over the last two weeks and gets a rough matchup in this one.
25. Julian Edelman, NE vs DAL (WR12) — Tom Brady's favorite target see is fourth among wide receivers with 98 targets.
26. Zach Ertz, PHI vs SEA (TE1) — With almost no tight ends to choose from this week, Ertz is locked in as the top option at the position.
27. Mark Ingram, BAL @ LAR (RB14) — He doesn't see heavy volume, but Ingram is one of the league's most efficient running backs.
28. Joe Mixon, CIN vs PIT (RB15) — The Bengals aren't good, but Mixon has been trending up in the middle of the season.
29. D.J. Moore, CAR @ NO (WR13) — Over the last three weeks, Moore leads all receivers with 35 targets.
30. Amari Cooper, DAL @ NE (WR14) — Cooper is banged up and gets a brutal matchup this week.
31. Miles Sanders, PHI vs SEA (RB16)
32. Jaylen Samuels, PIT @ CIN (RB17)
33. Devin Singletary, BUF vs DEN (RB18)
34. Phillip Lindsay, DEN @ BUF (RB19)
35. David Montgomery, CHI vs NYG (RB20)
36. Allen Robinson, CHI vs NYG (WR15)
37. Mark Andrews, BAL @ LAR (TE2)
38. John Brown, BUF vs DEN (WR16) — Brown is coming off a monster performance, but don't get too carried away. He's still more of a front-end WR2 play in most matchups.
39. Courtland Sutton, DEN @ BUF (WR17)
40. Darren Waller, OAK @ NYJ (TE3)
41. Tyrell Williams, OAK @ NYJ (WR18)
42. Jarvis Landry, CLE vs MIA (WR19)
43. Deebo Samuel, SF vs GB (WR20)
44. Carlos Hyde, HOU vs IND (RB21)
45. Kenny Golladay, DET @ WAS (WR21)
46. Ronald Jones II, TB @ ATL (RB22)
47. Terry McLaurin, WAS vs DET (WR22)
48. Jonathan Williams, IND @ HOU (RB23)
49. Kareem Hunt, CLE vs MIA (RB24) — Hunt continues to trend up thanks to his role in the passing game.
50. Jamison Crowder, NYJ vs OAK (WR23)
51. Michael Gallup, DAL @ NE (WR24)
52. James White, NE vs DAL (RB25)
53. DeVante Parker, MIA @ CLE (WR25)
54. Curtis Samuel, CAR @ NO (WR26)
55. Sony Michel, NE vs DAL (RB26)
56. D.K. Metcalf, SEA @ PHI (WR27)
57. Golden Tate, NYG @ CHI (WR28)
58. Marvin Jones, DET @ WAS (WR29)
59. Marquise Brown, BAL @ LAR (WR30)
60. Bo Scarbrough, DET @ WAS (RB27) — The Lions fed Scarbrough 15 touches last week. He's a sneaky flex option.
61. James Washington, PIT @ CIN (WR31)
62. Derrius Guice, WAS vs DET (RB28)
63. Robert Woods, LAR vs BAL (WR32)
64. Brian Hill, ATL vs TB (RB29)
65. Tarik Cohen, CHI vs NYG (RB30)
66. Jamaal Williams, GB @ SF (RB31)
67. Jared Cook, NO vs CAR (TE4) — Yep. In a week where there are essentially no tight ends, Cook slides in as the No. 4 option at the position.
68. Emmanuel Sanders, SF vs GB (WR33)
69. Duke Johnson, HOU vs IND (RB32)
70. Adrian Peterson, WAS vs DET (RB33)
71. Robby Anderson, NYJ vs OAK (WR34)
72. Tyler Boyd, CIN vs PIT (WR35)
73. Will Fuller, HOU vs IND (WR36)
74. Dallas Goedert, PHI vs SEA (TE5)
75. Mohamed Sanu, NE vs DAL (WR37) — Sanu is coming off a rough Week 11 performance and is tough to trust as a fantasy starter.
76. Latavius Murray, NO vs CAR (RB34)
77. Darius Slayton, NYG @ CHI (WR38)
78. Zach Pascal, IND @ HOU (WR39)
79. Dede Westbrook, JAC @ TEN (WR40)
80. Greg Olsen, CAR @ NO (TE6)
81. Brandin Cooks, LAR vs BAL (WR41)
82. Nyheim Hines, IND @ HOU (RB35)
83. Kalen Ballage, MIA @ CLE (RB36) — He's an every-down back, but Ballage is about as inefficient as they come.
84. Kenny Stills, HOU vs IND (WR42)
85. Demaryius Thomas, NYJ vs OAK (WR43)
86. A.J. Brown, TEN vs JAC (WR44)
87. Ryan Griffin, NYJ vs OAK (TE7)
88. Cole Beasley, BUF vs DEN (WR45)
89. Randall Cobb, DAL @ NE (WR46)
90. Chris Conley, JAC @ TEN (WR47)
91. Royce Freeman, DEN @ BUF (RB37)
92. Raheem Mostert, SF vs GB (RB38)
93. Jacob Hollister, SEA @ PHI (TE8)
94. Gerald Everett, LAR vs BAL (TE9)
95. Taylor Gabriel, CHI vs NYG (WR48) — Yes, he saw 14 targets last week, but Gabriel is still just a boom-or-bust WR4 play.
96. Russell Gage, ATL vs TB (WR49)
97. Noah Fant, DEN @ BUF (TE10)
98. Vance McDonald, PIT @ CIN (TE11)
99. Trey Edmunds, PIT @ CIN (RB39)
100. Jack Doyle, IND @ HOU (TE12)
101. Eric Ebron, IND @ HOU (TE13)
102. Cameron Brate, TB @ ATL (TE14)
103. Phillip Dorsett, NE vs DAL (WR50)
104. Darren Fells, HOU vs IND (TE15)
105. Mike Gesicki, MIA @ CLE (TE16)
106. J.D. McKissic, DET @ WAS (RB40)
107. Rex Burkhead, NE vs DAL (RB41)
108. Josh Gordon, SEA @ PHI (WR51) — We still aren't using Josh Gordon, but keep a close eye on how the Seahawks use him in Philly.
109. Nelson Agholor, PHI vs SEA (WR52)
110. Hunter Renfrow, OAK @ NYJ (WR53)
111. Corey Davis, TEN vs JAC (WR54)
112. Kelvin Harmon, WAS vs DET (WR55)
113. Jimmy Graham, GB @ SF (TE17)
114. T.J. Hockenson, DET @ WAS (TE18)
115. Peyton Barber, TB @ ATL (RB42)
116. Allen Hurns, MIA @ CLE (WR56)
117. Frank Gore, BUF vs DEN (RB43)
118. Jay Ajayi, PHI vs SEA (RB44) — We aren't likely to see much Ajayi this week, but those in deeper leagues may want to grab him as a fantasy lottery ticket.
119. Kendrick Bourne, SF vs GB (WR57)
120. Josh Reynolds, LAR vs BAL (WR58)
121. Ted Ginn, NO vs CAR (WR59)
122. Marcus Johnson, IND @ HOU (WR60)
123. Ross Dwelley, SF vs GB (TE19) — George Kittle doesn't look like he's going to play, so we can get one more week out of Dwelley as a deep streamer.
124. Jalen Richard, OAK @ NYJ (RB45)
125. Tre'Quan Smith, NO vs CAR (WR61)
126. Gus Edwards, BAL @ LAR (RB46)
127. Danny Amendola, DET @ WAS (WR62)
128. Allen Lazard, GB @ SF (WR63)
129. Johnny Holton, PIT @ CIN (WR64)
130. Tim Patrick, DEN @ BUF (WR65)
131. Alex Erickson, CIN vs PIT (WR66)
132. Jonnu Smith, TEN vs JAC (TE20)
133. Anthony Miller, CHI vs NYG (WR67)
134. Adam Humphries, TEN vs JAC (WR68)
135. Rashard Higgins, CLE vs MIA (WR69)
136. Tyler Eifert, CIN vs PIT (TE21)
137. Jason Witten, DAL @ NE (TE22)
138. Keke Coutee, HOU vs IND (WR70)
139. Albert Wilson, MIA @ CLE (WR71)
140. Boston Scott, PHI vs SEA (RB47)
141. Jordan Akins, HOU vs IND (TE23)
142. Giovani Bernard, CIN vs PIT (RB48)
143. Chester Rogers, IND @ HOU (WR72)
144. Willie Snead, BAL @ LAR (WR73)
145. Dawson Knox, BUF vs DEN (TE24)
146. Jaeden Graham, ATL vs TB (TE25)
147. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB @ SF (WR74)
148. Jeff Wilson, SF vs GB (RB49)
149. Tyler Higbee, LAR vs BAL (TE26)
150. Qadree Ollison, ATL vs TB (RB50)