• New running back committees: Two running backs who were picked in the first rounds of fantasy drafts are inching closer and closer to committee territory.
• Don’t ignore Taysom Hill: The Saints tight end scored four touchdowns and is the ultimate boom-or-bust fantasy player.
Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins
PFF's fantasy football recap focuses on player usage and stats, breaking down all the vital information you need to achieve fantasy success in 2022. Here, we touch on only players who are relevant in fantasy football leagues.
These are my 10 biggest reactions to the games from the Sunday slate. To get a more in-depth breakdown, check out my full Sunday recap.
RB Brian Robinson Jr.‘s Return
The rookie played in his first NFL game after suffering gunshot wounds just six weeks ago.
- Antonio Gibson was still the starter, but he ran the ball only three times for six yards.
- Robinson split early-down snaps almost perfectly with Gibson but was the primary player on run plays. He ran nine times for 22 yards.
- He was also the primary back in short-yardage situations.
- Robinson could be a fantasy starter against teams where Washington is the favorite or against teams with poor run defenses. He needs to be added in any league where he’s still available.
- Gibson should be left out of fantasy starting lineups going forward.
- J.D. McKissic played slightly fewer snaps on early downs, which should remain true for the rest of the season.
RB Devin Singletary’s Reduced Role
Singletary dominated offensive snaps for Buffalo the past two weeks, but the Bills used more of a committee this week.
- He ran six times for 42 yards and caught a four-yard pass in Week 5.
- Singletary has played 76.4% of offensive snaps this season when games are tied or Buffalo is losing, compared to 51.4% of snaps when the team has a lead.
- Buffalo played two highly competitive games the past two weeks but dominated this week as well as the first two weeks of the season.
- The Bills have a relatively easy schedule for the rest of the season, so there could be several more games like this.
- This will give Buffalo a chance to get James Cook more involved, and there is a chance Cook could be used more in important situations going forward if the Bills start to trust him.
- Cook gained 31 yards on four carries and scored a touchdown.