News & Analysis

Premium Content Sign Up

Jahnke: 5 to Waiver Wire Add, 5 to Cut, 5 to Sell High, 5 to Buy Low Week 12

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. (11) races past Tennessee Titans safety Kenny Vaccaro (24) for a first down during the fourth quarter at Nissan Stadium Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020 in Nashville, Tenn. Gw45585

This week, we have the usual five players to add and cut based on recent changes in playing time, situation and future opponents. But now that the trade deadline has already passed in most re-draft leagues, we'll turn away from the players to trade and trade for in favor of highlighting players to buy or sell in dynasty leagues.

In some cases, these are players who might hurt your dynasty team for the rest of 2020 but help in the long run. In other cases, they are players who are probably on benches this year anyway but could see their value rise or fall as the offseason goes on, so it’s better to buy or sell them now. All references to cap hits, salary cap space and potential unrestricted free agents come courtesy of the data available at Over The Cap.

If you are still able to trade in a re-draft, last week's edition of this piece focused on players with good and bad fantasy playoff matchups.

FIVE PLAYERS TO ADD

1. RB Gus Edwards, Baltimore Ravens

Look no further than Baltimore's Gus Edwards if you need a running back for Week 12. Both J.K. Dobbins and Mark Ingram II have tested positive for Covid-19, leaving Edwards and Justice Hill at the top of the depth chart ahead of their game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Edwards and Hill were the only Ravens backs to play in Week 17 of 2019, so we already have a sense of how that backfield could play out. Edwards played 70% of snaps, with Hill accounting for the remaining 30%. Edwards was given over twice as many carries, while the two roughly split third-down snaps.

Edwards racked up 87 rushing yards and a touchdown across 16 carries (5.4 yards per carry) the last time these two teams met. With a higher percentage of touches, he could have an even bigger game this time around.

2. RB Frank Gore, New York Jets

Subscribe to PFF Edge to continue reading

Already have a subscription? Sign In

Fantasy Featured Tools

  • Sort projected player stats and fantasy points by position, week, and category.

    Available with

    Edge
  • Research past fantasy performance with sortable player stats including PFF-exclusives like aDOT and fantasy points per opportunity.

    Available with

    Edge
  • Create winning NFL Daily Fantasy Sports with PFF’s DFS Lineup Optimizer. Set custom exposures and team stacks to optimize lineups effectively before exporting and uploading the unique lineups to DraftKings, FanDuel or Yahoo DFS.

    Available with

    Elite
  • Available with

    Edge
  • PFF’s Fantasy Strength of Schedule (SoS) metric provides a league-wide, season-long view of opponent matchups for each fantasy position.

    Available with

    Edge
Pro Subscriptions

Unlock NFL Player Grades, Fantasy & NFL Draft

$9.99 / mo
$39.99 / yr

Unlock Premium Stats, PFF Greenline & DFS

$34.99 / mo
$199.99 / yr