The Colts have been looking for a cornerback to pair with CB Vontae Davis since his arrival in Indianapolis, but they hope to see even him closer to his 2014 form after a down year.
- In 2014, Davis shined, allowing the lowest QB rating (38.8) and was the second-highest-graded cornerback by PFF (94.6), behind only Denver’s Chris Harris.
- Davis also was the fifth-best in the league in cover snaps per reception (15.5).
- The 2016 season was a different story, as Davis’ QB rating allowed more than doubled (85.1) and his PFF grade nearly fell out of the top 100 (47.3, 98th in NFL).
- His cover snaps per reception fell to 11.8 which dropped him to 28th in the league.
- If the Colts look to give Davis some support, Florida’s Quincy Wilson (22.6 cover snaps/rec, fourth in nation), and Colorado’s Ahkello Witherspoon (17.0 cover snaps/rec, 14th in nation) are a couple intriguing prospects in this years draft.