Name: Will Holden
Position fit: Tackle
Stats to know: Surrendered 27 pressures in 2015 and 30 pressures in 2016.
What he does best:
- Covers up defenders well on the play side of outside zone runs.
- Strong arms to press and control defenders.
- Had some good run blocking performances in Vanderbilt’s pro-style offense.
- Showed ability to pull and move efficiently at guard.
- Has shown versatility in playing guard and tackle.
- Impressive run-block success percentage of 92.4 percent.
- Struggled mightily in pass protection for three straight years.
- Bit stiff and slow kicking back inside on pass-rushers.
- Gives up the edge versus speed rushers.
- Doesn’t show the feet to pass-block high-skilled NFL rushers.
- Lack of consistency blocking, Holden loses a lot of blocks.
- Graded average for the season in PFF grading and poorly in pass protection.
Bottom line: Good body type and frame for an offensive lineman who is probably a better fit at guard than tackle especially because of his struggles in pass protection. Holden struggles with his footwork at times and has had below average grades and performances pass blocking. Holden shows glimpses of solid play especially in his run blocking but overall his play has not been consistent albeit playing out of position at Vanderbilt. Holden will have to go to the right fit to make an NFL roster.