• Jalen Hurts OVER 31.5 passing attempts: Typically, when the Eagles play elite run defenses, they tend to pass five percentage points over expectation.
• A.J. Brown longest reception OVER 26.5 yards: The 49ers have struggled this year on deep passing attempts, and Brown has generated more than 20 expected points added when targeted on go routes.
• Kadarius Toney OVER 3.5 receptions: The Chiefs may rely more on quick passes so as to take some pressure off their injured signal-caller, and Toney would be the primary beneficiary of that.
Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
Player props are one of the most popular markets offered at sportsbooks right now. Because of their similarity to fantasy football — something most bettors grew up playing — it’s easy to translate the thought process from fantasy football to player props. Here at PFF, you can utilize the best bets function to help sift through the most positive expected value props to bet on based on our model to help with your betting success.
Jalen Hurts over 31.5 passing attempts (-140 @ Barstool)
Game plan: Play down to 32.5 passing attempts
• As seen in the chart above, the Eagles change their game plan every week depending on who they face. Typically, when they play elite run defenses, they tend to pass five percentage points over expectation. The 49ers fit this bill, ranking second in expected points added allowed per rush and rushing success rate allowed.
• Teams also tend to just throw on the 49ers more than the league average. Looking at the regular season alone, San Francisco faced the seventh-most pass attempts on defense, partly due to how good their run defense is and opposing offenses wanting to exploit their secondary.
A.J. Brown longest reception over 26.5 yards (-114 @ FanDuel)
Game plan: Play down to -120 odds
• As seen in this chart created by PFF's Judah Fortgang, the 49ers have struggled this year on deep passing attempts, which is A.J. Brown’s specialty. This season, Brown has generated more than 20 expected points added when targeted on go routes. That’s one of the highest total EPA for any receiver targeted on a single route.
• In back-to-back weeks, we’ve seen 49ers cornerbacks Charvarius Ward and Deommodore Lenoir get burned on go balls against CeeDee Lamb and D.K. Metcalf, and so we can expect the Eagles to test them deep, as well.
Kadarius Toney over 3.5 receptions (+102 @ FanDuel)
Game plan: Play down to -120 odds
• Kadarius Toney ran 12 routes in the divisional round. He was targeted on six of those routes, which is one of the most efficient target shares of any receiver in a game this season. There is a reason that head coach Andy Reid facilitated a trade for him, and it’s for games like this where the Chiefs need him to be a dynamic playmaker and get the ball in his hands.
• Amid quarterback Patrick Mahomes’ ankle injury, we could see the Chiefs rely more on quick passes so as to take some pressure off their signal-caller. Toney would be the primary beneficiary of that, catching passes on swing routes or screens.
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions and other state-specific responsible gaming resources. Players must be 21 years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WA, WV, or WY. 19+ in Ontario.
New Customer Offer (if applicable). All promotions are subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards are issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (DC, IL, LA, MD, MS, NJ, OH, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA), Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, KS, NV), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). 1-800-547-6133 (WA). In Ontario, if you have questions or concerns about your gambling or someone close to you, please contact ConnexOntario at 1-866-531-2600 to speak to an advisor, free of charge.
Sports betting is void in Georgia, Hawaii, and Utah and other states where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Nevada and New York. Risk-free offers are not valid in Ohio.