Editor’s note: All grades in this article are subject to review. All PFF player grades will be finalized by 12 pm ET tomorrow.
|Player||Offensive Grade||Big-Time Throws||Turnover-Worthy Plays||TDs|
- Mitchell Trubisky and Kenny Pickett each ran with the starters, with both quarterbacks churning out solid play. Pickett averaged 10.9 yards per attempt and a 100% adjusted completion percentage from his seven pass attempts.
- Rudolph threw for the most yards of the three Steelers quarterbacks (137) and attempted the most passes (24).
- Steelers running backs finished with only three yards on nine carries — not the most productive day.
- Both Jaylen Warren and Benny Snell Jr. forced a missed tackle.
- Chase Claypool registered an explosive play on his lone target across 12 offensive snaps.
- Second-year wideout Tyler Vaughns had three first-down snags and caught four of his six targets.
- It was a rough showing for the Steelers' line in run blocking. The unit earned a collective 44.6 run-blocking grade on 13 such snaps, pending review.
- On the pass-blocking side, the Steelers allowed 10 total pressures, with Dan Moore Jr. accounting for five.
- Chris Wormley is set to pace the defensive line in pass-rushing grade after recording three hurries and another rep where he beat his blocker without it resulting in pressure.
- T.J. Watt played only eight pass-rushing snaps but did produce an early sack.
- Devin Bush accumulated two run stops to finish with a 72.0 run-defense grade on first review.
- Genard Avery obtained three total pressures — two hurries and a hit — on 19 pass-rushing snaps.
- On 11 coverage snaps, Chris Steele forced an incompletion and did not allow a reception to finish with an 81.0 coverage grade, pending review.
- Ahkello Witherspoon allowed two catches on three targets across 25 coverage snaps.
- Trevor Lawrence posted a 7.3-yard average depth of target, a 70.0% adjusted completion percentage and no big-time throws or turnover-worthy plays on 24 dropbacks.
- Rookie EJ Perry finished with a pending 44.8 passing grade on just 12 dropbacks.
- Travis Etienne handled eight carries for 29 yards and forced a missed tackle.
- Second-year back Mekhi Sargent took six carries and forced two missed tackles, but all that work amounted to just 12 yards.
- Second-year receiver Tim Jones registered two explosive plays and caught all five of his targets.
- Free agent signing Christian Kirk reeled in five of his eight targets for three first downs and an explosive pass play. He also caught both of his contested looks.
- Walker Little gave up three pressures on 15 pass-blocking snaps, and Cam Robinson gave up two on 24 pass-blocking snaps.
- Third-round rookie center Luke Fortner stayed clean in pass protection on 24 reps.
- No. 1 overall pick Travon Walker registered no pressure on 13 pass-rushing snaps after tallying a hurry in Week 1. He did make a stop in run defense.
- Arden Key registered four total pressures — two hurries a hit and a sack.
- Chad Muma led the way with five run stops on 17 run-defense snaps.
- Free agent pickup Foyesade Oluokun registered a stop on nine run-defense snaps to complete a 70.4 run-defense grade on first review.
- Tyson Campbell gave up three catches on five targets, but for just 22 yards and only one first down.