Editor’s note: All grades in this article are subject to review. All PFF player grades will be finalized by 12 pm ET tomorrow.
QUARTERBACK: Jordan Love
|Danny Etling||1 / 1||0||0.0||79.2|
|Jordan Love||12 / 24||113||4.7||77.3|
• The stat line may not impress, but that’s because he suffered four drops from his receivers totaling 71 lost air yards.
• Quite simply, it was the most encouraging performance of Love’s rocky career.
• There wasn’t much that stood out from Packers' running backs. None of their backs averaged more than 2.1 yards after contact per carry.
• Romeo Doubs continues to get open, but he also continues to drop balls. Doubs dropped two of his five catchable targets tonight.
• Juwann Winfree led all receivers in the game with 41 yards, averaging 6.8 yards per target.
• Zach Tom continues to impress in pass protection. After not allowing a single pressure on 18 pass-blocking snaps a week ago, he didn’t allow one yet again on 19 pass-blocking snaps.
• Royce Freeman didn’t have his best day splitting time between tackle and guard. He allowed two pressures and had two other losses on 19 pass-blocking snaps.
• Last week’s standout, Kingsley Enagbare, had a solid performance with two pressures.
• First-rounder Devonte Wyatt got an extended run but came up empty-handed as a pass-rusher on 15 snaps.
• Isaiah McDuffie showed the most we’ve seen from him in his young career — the 2021 sixth-rounder's four defensive stops led all linebackers.
• Krys Barnes was playing upset that his job got taken away. He only tallied one stop but will likely end up the highest-graded Packers defender in the game.
QUARTERBACK: Ian Book
|Ian Book||16 / 28||113||4||63.5|
• This is a much, much improved Ian Book. He didn’t commit a single turnover-worthy play on 36 dropbacks.
• Sacks continue to be an issue for the former Notre Dame star. He took two more on only eight pressured dropbacks after taking five in Week 1.
• Devine Ozigbo stood out on his limited touches. He picked up 40 yards on seven carries for one first down.
|Tony Jones Jr.||3||3||20||6.7||6.7|
• Chris Olave flashed on only 11 receiving snaps. He caught his first pro touchdown and recorded two catches for 28 yards.
• Trevor Penning was much improved in pass protection this time around. On 26 pass-blocking snaps, Penning allowed only one pressure.
• Cesar Ruiz also looks improved from his first two seasons in the league. He didn’t allow a pressure on 18 pass-blocking snaps.
• Defensive tackle Malcolm Roach led all players with three pressures on 15 pass-blocking snaps.
• Payton Turner has been held off the stat sheet as a pass-rusher for the second straight week. The 2021 first-rounder didn’t register a pressure on 12 pass-rushing snaps.
• Kaden Elliss made a number of plays in the run game to finish as the highest-graded run defender in the game.
• Eric Wilson was the only Saints linebacker to allow a reception in the game.
• The Saints were reaching deep down their depth chart to field a squad for this one. Bradley Roby was the only player with a chance at playing time who played and it was only 10 snaps.