The deal, first reported Thursday, is worth $230.5 million and includes $160 million guaranteed. The $46.1 million per year average makes Murray the second-highest paid quarterback in the NFL.
• The Cardinals quarterback has completed 1,056-of- 1,580 pass attempts (66.8%) for 11,478 yards, 70 touchdowns and 34 interceptions since being selected with the first overall pick of the 2019 NFL Draft.
• Murray's 86.7 passing grade ranked fifth among quarterbacks last season. He led the league in big-time throw rate (7.9%) and finished fifth in turnover-worthy play rate (2.3%).
• Since 2019, The 24-year-old signal-caller ranks 12th among quarterbacks in PFF's wins above replacement metric (PFF WAR).
Murray: PFF passing grade and rank among QBs since 2019 (postseason included)
|Season||PFF Passing Grade||Rank|
|2021||86.7||5th of 38|
|2020||77.2||16th of 38|
|2019||61.1||32nd of 39|
• Over the past two seasons, Murray has completed 75% of his passes when targeting DeAndre Hopkins for a 122.5 passer rating. It's one of the best quarterback-wide receiver duos in the NFL when both players are healthy.
• The Cardinals are currently +400 to win the NFC West, per DraftKings Sportsbook. PFF’s simulation gives the team a 24.7% probability of winning the division, an expected value of 4.7% compared to the listed odds.