Washington Commanders CB William Jackson III requests trade
- Jackson signed with the Commanders last offseason on a three-year, $42 million contract. He’s earned a career-low 49.6 PFF grade so far this season after earning a 59.3-grade last year.
- Per the report, Jackson has been disappointed with his role on defense and would like to be more of a man-to-man corner instead of having to play in more zone coverage.
- Coach Ron Rivera pulled Jackson from Sunday’s game and said afterward, “We just decided to make a change. We make decisions based on the flow of the game.”
- Jackson did not travel with the team for Thursday night’s game against the Chicago Bears due to a back injury.
- The NFL trade deadline is on November 1st.
Kansas City Chiefs designate CB Trent McDuffie to return from IR
- The rookie first-round pick suffered a hamstring injury in Week 1 against the Arizona Cardinals.
- He played 21 coverage snaps in that game and didn’t allow a single pass into his coverage, earning a 69.8 overall grade.
- Kansas City will have 21 days to put him on the active roster, but defensive backs coach Dave Merritt told reporters today that McDuffie has a chance to return and play on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.
Indianapolis Colts RB Jonathan Taylor returns to practice
- Taylor missed last week’s game against the Denver Broncos and did not practice on Wednesday due to a nagging ankle injury. He was officially limited today.
- Taylor has been off to a slow start this season being held under 100 yards in each of the last three games he has played in. His PFF grade for the season is 60.3.
- Nyheim Hines, who is in the concussion protocol, was also listed as limited today.
- The Colts welcome the Jacksonville Jaguars to Lucas Oil Stadium this week.
Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott returns to practice
- Prescott was officially a limited participant in practice today. It’s the first time he has practiced since injuring his right thumb in the season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Cooper Rush, who has won all four games as the starter this season, is still expected to start on Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy has implied that Prescott is unlikely to return until he takes part in a full week of practice. Prescott told reporters he’s “day to day” after Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Rams and said he can grip the football.