It’s Wednesday and that means it’s time to break out the flex fantasy football rankings for Week 8 of the 2019 NFL season. If you’re new to the concept of flex rankings, these are simply the combined overall rankings for running back, wide receiver, and tight end for each week during the fantasy football season.
This list is our initial rankings, but it will change a lot throughout the week. If you want all of the latest updates, then be sure to check our staff rankings page.
1. Dalvin Cook, MIN vs WAS (RB1) — He leads the league with a massive 12 goal-line carries and is set up for another big game on Thursday night.
2. Christian McCaffrey, CAR @ SF (RB2) — This is a tough matchup for McCaffrey, but he's still an elite option every week.
3. Saquon Barkley, NYG @ DET (RB3) — Expect the Giants to lean on Barkley this week, which is especially good considering what opposing running backs have done against the Lions this season.
4. Leonard Fournette, JAC vs NYJ (RB4) — The Jets just gave up three rushing scores to Sony Michel and Fournette is second in the league in touches per game.
5. James Conner, PIT vs MIA (RB5) — With the Dolphins on tap this week, Conner is a good bet to produce top-5 fantasy numbers among running backs.
6. DeAndre Hopkins, HOU vs OAK (WR1) — After a six-week drought, Hopkins got in the end zone last week. He also gets a very tasty matchup this week.
7. Chris Carson, SEA @ ATL (RB6) — With Rashaad Penny fading, Carson is locked in as the feature back in Seattle.
8. Le'Veon Bell, NYJ @ JAC (RB7) — Bell didn't put up big numbers against the Pats, but he ran hard. He's in play as an RB1 this week against the Jags defense that has given up chunk yards to running backs this season.
9. Julio Jones, ATL vs SEA (WR2) — Keep an eye on Matt Ryan's status this week. If he sits, Jones will move down to back-end WR1 territory.
10. Michael Thomas, NO vs ARI (WR3) — There's a chance Thomas sees a shadow from Patrick Peterson, but we still expect him to see his usual double-digit targets.
11. Todd Gurley, LAR vs CIN (RB8) — He's been frustrating to own this year, but Gurley gets a big-time matchup boost this week.
12. Cooper Kupp, LAR vs CIN (WR4) — Likewise, Kupp gets a solid upgrade against the lackluster Bengals.
13. Aaron Jones, GB @ KC (RB9) — Week 6 was just a minor blip on the radar. The Packers had Jones right back in as the lead back last week.
14. Chris Godwin, TB @ TEN (WR5) — Godwin is on pace for over 110 catches. He's an elite fantasy option until further notice.
15. Derrick Henry, TEN vs TB (RB10) — While this is a tough matchup for Henry, he's still in play as a fringe RB1 given the heavy volume he's seen this season.
16. Tyler Lockett, SEA @ ATL (WR6) — The Seahawks passing game get gets a solid upgrade against the fantasy-friendly Falcons.
17. Nick Chubb, CLE @ NE (RB11) — There's no way around it. This is a brutal matchup for Chubb, but you have to start him anyway.
18. T.Y. Hilton, IND vs DEN (WR7) — Hilton got back on the field last week and picked right up where he left off. He's in play as a WR1 this week.
19. Josh Jacobs, OAK @ HOU (RB12) — The rookie back has seen a heavy workload this season and that should continue against the Texans.
20. Marlon Mack, IND vs DEN (RB13) — Mack gets a tough draw against the stout Broncos run defense, but he's a candidate for 20-plus carries nearly every week.
21. Tyreek Hill, KC vs GB (WR8) — Matt Moore doesn't help the cause for Hill, but he showed last week that he can still produce with Moore under center.
22. Keenan Allen, LAC @ CHI (WR9) — The fantasy numbers weren't great for Allen last week, but he did see double-digit targets.
23. Phillip Lindsay, DEN @ IND (RB14) — There's still a full-blown committee in the Denver backfield, but Lindsay remains the preferred fantasy option.
24. Kenny Golladay, DET vs NYG (WR10) — Golladay put up a clunker last week, but he'll bounce back in a big way against the Giants.
25. Julian Edelman, NE vs CLE (WR11) — The Pats acquired Mohamed Sanu this week, but that doesn't mean we should expect any dip in Edelman's workload.
26. Latavius Murray, NO vs ARI (RB15) — Alvin Kamara's high ankle issue could put Murray in play as an RB1 again this week.
27. Stefon Diggs, MIN vs WAS (WR12) — With Adam Thielen banged up, Diggs is in the WR1 conversation with an extremely favorable matchup on tap against Washington.
28. Tevin Coleman, SF vs CAR (RB16) — It's tough to draw any conclusions from last week's contest, so Coleman remains an RB2 for fantasy.
29. Mike Evans, TB @ TEN (WR13) — Sure, Chris Godwin is the preferred Bucs wideout, but Evans is still a high-upside fringe WR1.
30. John Brown, BUF vs PHI (WR14) — Brown is top-20 among wideouts in fantasy score and gets to face the Eagles this week.
31. D.J. Chark, JAC vs NYJ (WR15)
32. Sony Michel, NE vs CLE (RB17)
33. Robert Woods, LAR vs CIN (WR16)
34. George Kittle, SF vs CAR (TE1)
35. Devonta Freeman, ATL vs SEA (RB18)
36. Austin Hooper, ATL vs SEA (TE2)
37. Courtland Sutton, DEN @ IND (WR17)
38. Travis Kelce, KC vs GB (TE3)
39. Odell Beckham Jr., CLE @ NE (WR18) — A shadow from Stephon Gilmore puts a major damper on Beckham's Week 8 outlook.
40. Brandin Cooks, LAR vs CIN (WR19)
41. JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT vs MIA (WR20)
42. Evan Engram, NYG @ DET (TE4)
43. Allen Robinson, CHI vs LAC (WR21)
44. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI @ NO (WR22)
45. Chase Edmonds, ARI @ NO (RB19) — We're ranking both Edmonds and Johnson for now, but Edmonds will move up if Johnson is unable to play.
46. Melvin Gordon, LAC @ CHI (RB20)
47. Terry McLaurin, WAS @ MIN (WR23)
48. Royce Freeman, DEN @ IND (RB21)
49. Marvin Jones, DET vs NYG (WR24)
50. Calvin Ridley, ATL vs SEA (WR25) — With Mohamed Sanu out of the mix, Ridley's fantasy stock is trending up. However, keep an eye on Matt Ryan's status.
51. Darren Waller, OAK @ HOU (TE5)
52. Alshon Jeffery, PHI @ BUF (WR26)
53. Austin Ekeler, LAC @ CHI (RB22)
54. Carlos Hyde, HOU vs OAK (RB23)
55. Tyler Boyd, CIN @ LAR (WR27)
56. James White, NE vs CLE (RB24)
57. Golden Tate, NYG @ DET (WR28)
58. Joe Mixon, CIN @ LAR (RB25)
59. Hunter Henry, LAC @ CHI (TE6)
60. D.K. Metcalf, SEA @ ATL (WR29)
61. Matt Breida, SF vs CAR (RB26)
62. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB @ KC (WR30) — Be careful to not overvalue Valdes-Scantling. He put up massive numbers last week, but only saw three targets.
63. Dede Westbrook, JAC vs NYJ (WR31)
64. David Montgomery, CHI vs LAC (RB27)
65. LeSean McCoy, KC vs GB (RB28)
66. Robby Anderson, NYJ @ JAC (WR32)
67. Mike Williams, LAC @ CHI (WR33)
68. D.J. Moore, CAR @ SF (WR34)
69. Emmanuel Sanders, SF vs CAR (WR35)
70. Jordan Howard, PHI @ BUF (RB29)
71. Jamison Crowder, NYJ @ JAC (WR36)
72. Curtis Samuel, CAR @ SF (WR37)
73. Frank Gore, BUF vs PHI (RB30)
74. Jarvis Landry, CLE @ NE (WR38)
75. Ty Johnson, DET vs NYG (RB31) — Yes, Kerryon Johnson is on IR, but we aren't 100% sold on Ty Johnson as anything more than a flex play.
76. Kenny Stills, HOU vs OAK (WR39)
77. Zach Ertz, PHI @ BUF (TE7)
78. Corey Davis, TEN vs TB (WR40)
79. Auden Tate, CIN @ LAR (WR41)
80. A.J. Brown, TEN vs TB (WR42)
81. Jamaal Williams, GB @ KC (RB32)
82. Devin Singletary, BUF vs PHI (RB33)
83. Adrian Peterson, WAS @ MIN (RB34)
84. Phillip Dorsett, NE vs CLE (WR43)
85. Miles Sanders, PHI @ BUF (RB35)
86. Darrell Henderson, LAR vs CIN (RB36)
87. DeVante Parker, MIA @ PIT (WR44)
88. Preston Williams, MIA @ PIT (WR45)
89. Dante Pettis, SF vs CAR (WR46)
90. Mecole Hardman, KC vs GB (WR47)
91. Damien Williams, KC vs GB (RB37)
92. Ronald Jones II, TB @ TEN (RB38)
93. Mohamed Sanu, NE vs CLE (WR48) — It may be a week too early to consider Sanu as a fantasy starter, but this move will help his fantasy stock going forward.
94. Mark Walton, MIA @ PIT (RB39)
95. Duke Johnson, HOU vs OAK (RB40)
96. Cole Beasley, BUF vs PHI (WR49)
97. Marquise Goodwin, SF vs CAR (WR50)
98. Geronimo Allison, GB @ KC (WR51)
99. Ted Ginn, NO vs ARI (WR52)
100. Kenyan Drake, MIA @ PIT (RB41)
101. Gerald Everett, LAR vs CIN (TE8)
102. T.J. Hockenson, DET vs NYG (TE9)
103. Demarcus Robinson, KC vs GB (WR53)
104. Demaryius Thomas, NYJ @ JAC (WR54)
105. Jimmy Graham, GB @ KC (TE10)
106. Darius Slayton, NYG @ DET (WR55)
107. Christian Kirk, ARI @ NO (WR56)
108. Tarik Cohen, CHI vs LAC (RB42)
109. Greg Olsen, CAR @ SF (TE11)
110. Keke Coutee, HOU vs OAK (WR57) — With Will Fuller out, we prefer Kenny Stills over Coutee. That said, Coutee is worth an add in deeper leagues.
111. Diontae Johnson, PIT vs MIA (WR58)
112. Peyton Barber, TB @ TEN (RB43)
113. Allen Lazard, GB @ KC (WR59)
114. Jakobi Meyers, NE vs CLE (WR60)
115. Nelson Agholor, PHI @ BUF (WR61)
116. Vance McDonald, PIT vs MIA (TE12)
117. Olabisi Johnson, MIN vs WAS (WR62)
118. Anthony Miller, CHI vs LAC (WR63)
119. KeeSean Johnson, ARI @ NO (WR64)
120. Danny Amendola, DET vs NYG (WR65)
121. Chris Conley, JAC vs NYJ (WR66)
122. Alexander Mattison, MIN vs WAS (RB44)
123. Zach Pascal, IND vs DEN (WR67)
124. Giovani Bernard, CIN @ LAR (RB45)
125. Jaron Brown, SEA @ ATL (WR68)
126. Eric Ebron, IND vs DEN (TE13)
127. Adam Humphries, TEN vs TB (WR69)
128. Alex Erickson, CIN @ LAR (WR70) — Don't be fooled by last week's stats. Erickson isn't a fantasy starter.
129. Nyheim Hines, IND vs DEN (RB46)
130. Albert Wilson, MIA @ PIT (WR71)
131. Taylor Gabriel, CHI vs LAC (WR72)
132. Delanie Walker, TEN vs TB (TE14)
133. Damiere Byrd, ARI @ NO (WR73)
134. Dallas Goedert, PHI @ BUF (TE15)
135. Duke Williams, BUF vs PHI (WR74)
136. Hunter Renfrow, OAK @ HOU (WR75)
137. Dawson Knox, BUF vs PHI (TE16)
138. Benny Snell Jr., PIT vs MIA (RB47)
139. Noah Fant, DEN @ IND (TE17)
140. Trey Quinn, WAS @ MIN (WR76)
141. David Moore, SEA @ ATL (WR77)
142. DaeSean Hamilton, DEN @ IND (WR78)
143. Tyrell Williams, OAK @ HOU (WR79)
144. David Johnson, ARI @ NO (RB48)
145. Darren Fells, HOU vs OAK (TE18)
146. Dion Lewis, TEN vs TB (RB49)
147. Paul Richardson, WAS @ MIN (WR80)
148. O.J. Howard, TB @ TEN (TE19)
149. James Washington, PIT vs MIA (WR81)
150. Antonio Callaway, CLE @ NE (WR82)