Name: Teez Tabor
Position fit: Outside cornerback
Stats to know: Allowed an NFL passer rating of 41.2 over the past three years. By comparison, the passer rating for throwing the ball into the dirt every play is 39.6.
What he does best:
- Has the size to play press man coverage and the movement skills to mirror receivers.
- Playmaking potential in multiple schemes, whether man or zone-heavy.
- Just doesn't get beat often. Only allowed two touchdowns on throws into his coverage over the past three seasons.
- Loves to read and jump routes. Picked off a wide receiver screen against Kentucky this past season and had nine interceptions and 23 pass breakups over the past three seasons.
- Has the speed to recover if he loses at the line of scrimmage. Gave up a 67-yard touchdown against Tennessee after falling down, but allowed just three more catches over 20 yards in 2016.
- Aggressive and physical. Not afraid to get close to wide receivers, and was still penalized just six times over the past three years, with three of those coming in one game this year.
- Reacts quickly to the short passing game
- Can be beaten on double moves. A counterpoint to the positive of his aggression. When he was beaten deep, this is generally where he was losing.
- Can get too physical at the top of routes, something to keep an eye on at the next level
- Missed 16 tackles on 110 attempts over the last three years
Player comparison: Aqib Talib, Denver Broncos
It's difficult to watch Tabor and not instantly think of Talib. Like Talib he is aggressive, and if he plays as well as he projects to at the next level, there's no reason that he can't be one of the top defensive backs in the NFL.
After three seasons where he has put up fairly ridiculous numbers at cornerback, Tabor heads to the NFL as one of, if not the, top cornerback prospects in the NFL draft. Tabor has the size and skills to play press man coverage and the playmaking ability to excel in a zone-heavy scheme. He does everything you want to see a top cornerback do, from jumping routes to recovering downfield.